All-Motor setup--Tell me what you think!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

12secondCRX

GSR 1.8L block bored to 2.0L:
Iron Sleeves
JE pistons
Eagle Rods
Bore, Hone, Hot tank, Deck (if nec)
Balanced Crank
Polished Crank
All new Bearings & Thrusts
All new seals, and Oil pan Gasket
New VTEC oil pump
New VTEC water pump

B16a Head
Cams,springs,retainers
P&P
DTR Header
310 injectors
255 fuel pump
cam gears
68mm TB

I need opinions on which cams to get also? Any comments or suggestions would be great. This is going in a Crx. TIA

skunk2 stage2 or toda B's are a good strong streetable cam.

why not just get an IBspec motor??

I'm going to use there block probably but I already have the head I'm going to use. I don't need streetable cams because I only race it. Thanks and keep the replies coming.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2004, 02:09 PM
toda C's or rocket E-24's

If it is not going to be a street car my vote is with the TODA C's. They are a pricey cam, if you want some streetablitly you might want to check out Skunk2 stage 2.

How much do the C's normally go for?

NotUrAverage_Si-We're going to build it to 15:1 CR. :)

If you really wanna go quicker on NA, go a little more than just some motor work...

skunk2 intake manifold, mild head pnp job, skunk2 stage 2 camshafts-retainers-valves-springs, (or TODA C since this isn't a street car) jdm itr header, straight pipe to replace cat, your exhaust, skunk2 short shifter, fidanza 7.5 lb flywheel, act 220mm b-series ai4-xtss clutch kit (this clutch is good for 300 front wheel hp, but you might need a higher one), 98-spec jdm-itr-lsd 4.785-f.d. trans, slicks, 10.5-11 lb. rims

Don't forget the vtec and hondata/uberdata and a nice hefty weight loss program.

I'm going with the STR manifold because I have a partial sponsorship from them, as for some of the other stuff mentioned it's in my first post. I really think I need to check the Toda C's out because your like the third or fourth person that has mentioned these. I already have the clutch, slicks, drag rims, and have removed my cat. with custom 2.5 inch exhaust all the way back from header. Thanks for the info and keep the suggestions coming. :)

I would advice against the STR manifold, if your sponsored by them try out their dipstick

also there was a post on how to make your own ITB's

how much horse power are you expecting from this set up?, and how fast you want to go?
what kind of shell you have?
and finally how much did it cost you?

15:1 CR????? Good Grief, expect to pay up the rear for like 115 octane gas, or run methanol or something. You should also change your name to "betterthan12secondcrx". That reminds me of that all motor 9 second crx "el natural" I read about a while back. He was running like 15:1 on his h22. Good luck dude, you should probably have a tuner/engineer custom design you some bumpsticks, cause normal aftermarket one prolly won't cut it with that cr. I hope you are running closed deck sleeves too, with those kinds of cylinder pressures
:D

As for HP I'm looking to make 230whp+.
I want mid 11's in the 1/4mile in my '90 Crx DX
Also the motor is going to cost between 6-8,000 depending on how much me and my friends do.

The guy your thinking of actually runs tens all-motor and his name is Jeremy Lookofsky and the crx is for sell. He's running a civic now. There's only been a couple of 9's run in All-Motor Eric,Leslie and Padilla are the only ones to do it as far as I know.

Back