american civic 1.5i sohc transmision swap forme 4 spd 2 5 spd manuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic123

hi i come frome holland and i have a usa blue civic with the leater original and its a rare 4 spd with onley 61,500 usa miles now my question is does a standart 5 speed trans fit in the civic ? or do i have to change the engine also?

thanks wating for your awnser

hi i come frome holland and i have a usa blue civic with the leater original and its a rare 4 spd with onley 61,500 usa miles now my question is does a standart 5 speed trans fit in the civic ? or do i have to change the engine also?

thanks wating for your awnser

Yes it will fit but you will also need to change out the hubs because from what I have been told there is a different spline count on the axles from the 4speed hubs to the 5 speed hubs

also, i believe there was a different spline count on the transmission/clutch when it came to the 88's. So check your year.

hi guys

yes thats me, its a 1991 model evriting stock
really :mellow: is that a lot of work?? or is it easy if its too much work i wil leave it original and drive the hell with the 4 spd til its time passes or not?

thanks evrybody for your awnsers

keep up

depends on your budget and how much experience you have working on cars and what are you wanting to do with the car? just a 5 speed tranny for everyday driving or are you planing on building the motor up and making it faster??

hi guys

yes thats me, its a 1991 model evriting stock
really :mellow: is that a lot of work?? or is it easy if its too much work i wil leave it original and drive the hell with the 4 spd til its time passes or not?

thanks evrybody for your awnsers

keep up

you sent me an email and I replied but I gusse you did not get it

Back