An ECU and some plastic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Ok as some of you may know i have a leak in my car and it ended up frying my ECU, i have another ECU now. I was wondering if it would hurt the ECU if i wrapped it in some plastic film to protect it until spring when i rip out the blower to find the leak? Any risk of overheating?

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
i wouldnt think so,theres really no vents on the cover,id try a walmart shopping bag that way theres a litle venting though

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
lol bout time someone said something. Ya i wrapped it a bit, you were right no vents on it, besides the floors are coolest usually.

YBLEGAL

Regular Member w/ Cheese
It will live. There's no heat sinks inside of it because it's not doing insane data crunching like with a PC, it's more streamlined with larger more efficent transistors that don't output as much heat

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Makes sense, thanks YBL :). Ya i have the old one apart, just a couple circuit boards and alot of chips.

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
https://hondaswap.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1195606#

MthaFuknGreen

Green on the scene.
i was thinking more, the kinda driving gloves you wear when curving windy mountain roads in italian sports cars..
my car is an italian sports car, so i have a pair.