another b18 crx queston from me

LsB16CrxHF

Senior Member
on the back of the block there are two sensors...thers pne the clips in and one that slides on...i have no idea what they are....what are they....lol
 

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I think you are describing the water temp sensor (lager w/2 prongs) and the oil pressure sending unit (single prong). they are the only 2 on an ls motor
 

LsB16CrxHF

Senior Member
Originally posted by hybrid89@Jun 30 2005, 11:43 PM
I think you are describing the water temp sensor (lager w/2 prongs) and the oil pressure sending unit (single prong). they are the only 2 on an ls motor
[post=518919]Quoted post[/post]​


well that plug for the water temp sensor is not on my harness for sum reason...woulda that affect how my car runs?....
 

racintweek

Senior Member
it depends what year teh engine is, certain ls engines have 2 temp sensors (i'm not exactly sure which years though) . one on the back of teh block and one on the t-stat housing. if the engien has one on the t-stat housing use that one
 

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
Originally posted by racintweek@Jul 1 2005, 07:50 AM
it depends what year teh engine is, certain ls engines have 2 temp sensors (i'm not exactly sure which years though) . one on the back of teh block and one on the t-stat housing. if the engien has one on the t-stat housing use that one
[post=519011]Quoted post[/post]​



The sensor on the thermo housing is the fan controller
 

LsB16CrxHF

Senior Member
my motor is a b18a1 (1991) and im using a 90-93 ls harness...i had sumone wire it for me for dx to mpfi....the person who wired it put the wrong connector on the harness for the sensor on the back instead of it being a femal connector on the harness it has two seperate slide on type connectors...so i take it im going to hafto wire a new one on there...?
 

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
yes, you need those sensors on the back. diregaurd the thermo sensor. you shouldn't have one, but make sure you hook up the 2 on the back!
 

LsB16CrxHF

Senior Member
one more thing....my car is having some idling problems tooo...could the unplugged temp sensor on the back be causing some of it
 

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
yes, alot to do with it. the ecu uses the reading from it to help measure the amount of fuel going into the engine at all times. it ha sno idea what temp the engine is running at. fix that first, then see where you sit!
 

racintweek

Senior Member
Originally posted by hybrid89@Jul 1 2005, 09:22 AM

The sensor on the thermo housing is the fan controller
[post=519019]Quoted post[/post]​



its just a sensor, the ECU turns the fan on
 

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
the ecu reads what that sensors is showing as a signal and determines when the fan need sto come on. but it not a water temp sensor...really
 
Top