Another bike down cool pictures inside

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
http://www.deathracing.com/rider_down/
More Pictures Here

122_2260_jpg.jpg

Napa High teen killed on Lincoln Ave.
Saturday, June 12, 2004

By MARSHA DORGAN
Register Staff Writer

A Napa teen died Friday morning when his brand new motorcycle plowed into a car on Lincoln Avenue, impaling the driver's side of the car.

The 16-year-old victim was identified as Napa High School student Nicholas Gruenhagen.

The driver of the Lincoln Town Car that collided with the bike, Analee Chambless of Napa, suffered serious injuries and was taken to Queen of the Valley Hospital, Sgt. John Kostelac said. Chambless lives in Napa.

"At this time, her injuries do not appear to be life threatening," Kostelac said on Friday afternoon. He added that Chambless, 69, suffered multiple lacerations on her face, wrist and upper torso.

The crash happened on Lincoln Avenue just east of Marin Street.

The impact of the crash pressed the Honda 600 F4 I motorcycle into the driver's seat and back door of the silver sedan. The bike still had the paper license plates of a new purchase on it.

Gruenhagen was thrown onto the hood of the car, where paramedics worked feverishly, administering first aid. Family members reached later in the day declined comment.

Chambless had to be removed through the passenger side of the car. As the ambulance rushed her to the emergency room, her purse and one shoe were left on the roadway next to the Town Car.

As of Friday afternoon, investigators were still trying to piece together what lead up to the fatality.

"All we know so far is that the motorcycle was eastbound on Lincoln Avenue from California Boulevard, and the driver of the sedan was leaving a business on Lincoln Avenue," Kostelac said. "We're not sure where her car was when the accident happened."

Lincoln Avenue was closed for a period as officers waited for the major traffic collision investigation team to get on scene.

"The motorcycle is still embedded into the side of the car," Kostelac said. "The team needs to take measurements before it can be removed."

The crash caused a traffic jam, and cars were re-routed around the crash scene from Lincoln Avenue to the neighboring residential streets.

This is the 13th fatal accident in Napa County this year, the second in Napa.

On Jan. 3, Darrell Dean Douglas, 57, of Napa was hit by a Napa teen driver as Douglas crossed in the middle of Soscol Avenue near Lincoln Avenue. Douglas, who was using a walker, was accompanied by a relative, police said. He died the next day at Queen of the Valley Hospital.

The teenage boy driving the car was not cited.

Anyone who witnessed today's crash or has any information is encouraged to call Sgt. Kostelac at 257-9554.

I love the fact that it happens in front of the school what are the chances he was trying to pull a wheelie or something? Damn kids can't even read the street

SLOW

I think Bikes were invented to help Darwin-ism...the smarter/stronger of the species survive...and the dumber/weaker side of the species die.....

If the car was at fault... then I feel sorry for the kid on the bike....but...the way it looks......he was just dumb and had to push his limits on his new toy.....

Man, you guys make assumptions... Not every teen is a dumbass. What if the kid's been riding dirt bikes since he was 5 and understands how a bike handles and is responsible enough for his parents to let him have a supersport bike? Looks to me like the old lady pulled out in front of him, and shit, E can tell you, you don't have to be doing a wheelie to get the short end of the stick in that situation. Shit happens. You can be the best rider in the world, on the best bike, wearing the best gear, and when someone wants to pull out in front of you, leaving you with nowhere to go, there's not a goddamn thing you can do about it.

Maybe so, but that wreck didn't happen at no 15mph.

he was a teenager... The same thing probably would have happened on a '79 Honda that weighs like 800 pounds.

btw, why do we keep seeing bike crash pictures? It's really not all that sweet. Are you trying to say, "I'm such an awesome rider because I don't crash my sport bike"

?????

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 21 2004, 11:25 AM
Maybe so, but that wreck didn't happen at no 15mph.

he wasnt going that fast

i would estimate it around 25-30 at the highest

i hit a dodge ram at around 45 and damn near totaled the truck

i am impressed at where the bike ended up though :thumbsup:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 21 2004, 09:18 PM

i am impressed at where the bike ended up though :thumbsup:

Yea, I thought it was an action shoot for a first second :D

I thought it was a mid-action shot. :ph34r:

he wasnt going that fast

i would estimate it around 25-30 at the highest

I bet his parents feel great about giving the OK for him to buy a supersport bike

So basically it's the parent's, and the kid's fault, that he was doing 30mph and some lady pulled out in front of him (which by the way will be considered the car driver's fault). He could have been doing 30mph on a pedal bike.

Your not the only one in the world who in the world who can ride a 600cc bike jeff. It is possible you know that the kid had been riding bikes since 12 years old. It's unfair to assume he was an idiot teenager. If I remember correctly you have only been riding for 2 years yourself.

After looking at the picture again, they've got some nice streets over there... All the roads near me look like a 4-wheeler rock crawl. <_<

My uncle ran into a car at 60ish, just pulled out in front of him. He had been riding for years, she just didn't see him.

i remeber seeing that on the front page in the register, i thought it was pretty fucking crazy, im from napa too...

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jun 21 2004, 03:53 PM
After looking at the picture again, they've got some nice streets over there...  All the roads near me look like a 4-wheeler rock crawl.  <_<

i wish, our streets suck. every week or 2 i hear about a street bike in some kind of accident.there was one like 2 moths ago when a guy slammed into a for f250 econoline van.pulled outa joe chevron and bam.this kid in the pic was stopped doing double or tripple the speed limit a couple days before and was let go.then this accident happend.

Back