Anyone Driven On Tokico Illumina Shocks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Baker

I'm looking at getting shocks and springs since I have money and am doing a rear disc conversion I might as well do these at teh same time. I am not getting tein so don't bother suggesting it I'm looking to spend about $500 so I'm betwenn kyb agx's, tokico illumina, and maybe koni if I want to spend the extra hundred. Anyone have any opinions?

hey, i've got some illuminas on my 95 civic 2 dr and it rides awesome. i've got ground controls on them as well and it couldn't be any easier to change settings from bumpy to soft. i like them a lot.

I've had my Illuminas for 1 and 1/2 years now and I've never had a problem. The adjustability range is great, and they handle very well on the high setting (I autocrossed and my fastest lap was faster than a Subaru 2.5RS and a (gasp) Porsche Carerra, no joke. ) In any case, I got them with springs made by Eibach for Tokico shocks in the Tokico Advanced Handling Kit. The install was cake.

ok I'm between the tokico illumina adjustables and kyb agx's, the tokico's are about $50 more but is it worth it or should I just get the AGX's

from what I've read the adjustment knob breaks easily on the AGX's. As a matter of fact, I have a pair and................they're broken. I thought it was just me at first.

You can still adjust them but, for the money, that damn thing should stay together. Makes you wonder about the overall quality.

Originally posted by Baker@Mar 4 2003, 09:34 PM
ok I'm between the tokico illumina adjustables and kyb agx's, the tokico's are about $50 more but is it worth it or should I just get the AGX's

i think they are well worth the $50 more

good job, nice call, even tho I'm getting Teins, so I really have no proof as to which is better (KYB/Koni/Tokico)

i can't bring myself to spend the extra $350 on tein so koni yellows will have to do

Im thinking about getting Tokico Illumina Coil-Over Kit or TEIN Type SS what would you guys think? :unsure:

I debated getting the tokico illumina type R or whatever its called coil-overs. The one thing that stopped me is the fact that they have no warranty. I refuse to buy a product that the manufacturer won't back up.

I love my KYB's -although i needed to fabricate new knobs for the adjustment knobs- one broke off during the install- so I took it upon myslef to get my tap-and-die set and thread the adjustment shafts, then added some metal wing-nuts to them all. I would recomend using aftermarket springs however, using the stock ones is just a little pointless. Im using Ground Control Coilovers, and I would never give them up. I may buy an Eibach Cup Kit in the near future, but thats after the motor swap. B)

kyb agx's are the way to go. i love them. i have some on my 96 accord they are 4 way adjustable in the front and 8 way in the rear. it rides great considering im almost all the way down on my coilovers and i'm about an inch away from the cross member hitting the ground. but all in all kyb's are they way to go. toxico are good if you dont want the adjustables. their adjustables dont last that long. just remember as far as koni you are paying the extra hundred dollars for the name.

Originally posted by spooncivic@Mar 11 2003, 01:03 AM
Im thinking about getting Tokico Illumina Coil-Over Kit or TEIN Type SS what would you guys think? :unsure:

you :cockblocked: Baker's thread--and get teins.

Back