Anyone Ever Used D15 Tranny With D16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 93 honda del si, and i need a transmission (5 speed). i found transmission out of del sol s for 250 dollars, but that's a 1.5 transmission. my question is has anyone ever put a d15 transmission on a d16z6, and if so how did it affect it. how bad did it throw the speedometer off, how much did if affect gas mileage, does it make it faster/slower both in take off and top end (my guess would be faster take off and lower top end, based on my theory that it would be geared lower...but i really don't know), and if possible the gear ratios for both transmissions. also, would the clutch from my transmission work, and would it be better than the one that's in it, i've heard the 1.5's came with a weak clutch. my clutch has less miles on it because i replaced it...but that transmission only has 19,000 miles on it. anyway, any input would be appreciated. thanks, God bless.

250 seems high.

it will bolt to your engine just fine. i think the gear ratios are longer though.. so you will be slower

It will bolt up fine, no change in your speedometer and negligible change in mileage, I doubt you shift at 3k or anything. It will make you slower. I have went from the S tranny to a Si tranny and it is noticably quicker. For $250 you should be able to get a Si tranny. Check Darksol classifieds. Chris Keppler was selling one.

When I bought my ACT clutch they sent a bearing for a 1.6 and had to wait for the bearing for the 1.5L before it would work.

i paid $150 shipped for my 2nd z6 tranny. don't pay anymore, cuz d-series tranny's are garbage

yeah i had a transmission i sent money for (wannabesi) but he sent the money back and i just had to get something quick. i bought that transmission, and it has made my car slower. oh well, maybe i'll get another one later, or even do an engine swap. who knows. i don't make much money, so we'll just have to see. thanks for your advice though, all of you. God bless.

Back