Anyone remember me getting fucked by Outlaw MS?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Last year, I got fucked out of a grand by Outlaw Motorsports in Dallas. A few weeks ago, I sent Jake (the former owner) this email:

Hello Jake. How's it been going? Haven't heard from
you in a while, oh, it must've been when you screwed
me out of a grand. No hard feelings about that, right?
Right, Jake? I'm dealing with Phillip at Intercrew
now...He's a really great guy. He said he's heard of
you before. Too bad your shop didn't make it, huh
Jake?

I got my four-door running. All by myself too! And I
didn't even use the wrong harness you gave me, or the
Ls intake manifold you gave me, or the 99 EX ecu that
you gave me. I put an ITR tranny on it and it ran a
14.80 on street tires. On street tires, Jake! Then I
rolled it 3 times doing 150 down a back road and
totaled it.

Now I've got an 89 hatchback with a b20/vtec in it.
Pretty cool, eh, Jake? Phillip is boring out my block
as we speak. Great stuff, huh! It should put down
around 240 to the wheels, tuned with Hondata. Great
stuff, eh, Jake?!?

Well, I just thought I'd say hi. Like I said, no hard
feelings about you screwing me out of $1000 that I had
to sell almost everything that I owned to get, right?
Right, Jake? I still have my receipt that you wrote me
up for the B16A2 head and the wiring, that shows that
I paid $500. I've also got my receipt from Junior, the
landlord, that shows that I had to pay him another
$500 to get my still-not-running car back from him.
How about that? Gee, that'd make for a great lawsuit,
wouldn't it Jake? Too bad I don't know any good
lawyers...BUT WAIT! My DAD happens to be a lawyer! My
very own father! I'm sure he'd be THRILLED about all
this, don't you think, Jake? Man, but I'd need
witnesses in court, huh...

Oh yeah, by the way, I've been in contact with the guy
that bought your CRX. He's not very happy, either,
Jake. In fact, he wants to break both of your arms. I
think thats kind of harsh.

Let me put it this way for you, Jake. If I don't
receive either an email or a phone call within the year,
I'm pressing charges. My number is
(936)465-3629. But you remembered that, right?

-Wil

Today, I got this response from him:

Will,
It's Jake,first let me say I am sorry to hear that you feel I did you wrong somehow.I never wanted you to feel this way,I know you purchased some parts from my shop I do not remember the exact circumnstances involved at the moment.I remember you purchased an engine which you attempted to put in yourself.I do not want you to feel I did you wrong and this is why I am emailing.I no longer have a computer so it is not very often I check my email,this is why it has taken me till today to get back with you.I am sorry you wrecked your car,that is unfortunate.My business went backrupt and I have been struggling ever since.I do not know what charges you could or would want to press against me.It is good you have a fast car,I had to sell all of my vehicles .I am glad you met Phillip he does SOME people alright.Well I do not know what you want to hear or do so go ahead and respond.PLease explain exactly what you think I did or did not do and I will be glad to discuss this further with you.
Thanks,
Jacob

Advice, anyone?

Fuck him, he screwed you over, press chrages.

I'm not even the one to do that shit, I hate cops and judges with a passion, but in your situation i would

He responded at least. I don't know the circumstances but it seems like he is willing to work with you. Or maybe he just doesn't want to get sued. Either way, write him back and see where he wants to go with this.

Knowing this dude, he's just covering his ass.

I wrote him back a rational email explaining what happened.

Now to wait for him to respond.

I don't actually plan on taking it to court....

And I DO have documentation from the landlord about what happened, plus there are SEVERAL other people I've talked to who he screwed.....

That would explain so much, but sadly, that is him actually trying.

even if you were thinking of taking this to court, if you dont have the reciepts anymore then you are SOL. no proof=no case. that would be like me suing you for the 1000 dollar block you sold me. you didnt sell me a block? my point exactly. i dont think hes gonna willingly hand over 1k to you by you threatening him. sorry man.

he may take the bluff and try to settle out of court though.

give it up.. legal fees alone for a NON small claims claim isn't worth it, he's out of business.. live and learn

if the businesses was set up as an LLC, you CANNOT touch his personal cash. and since the business is bankrupt and no more, there's nothing to get after him there either.
if, however, the business was set up as a sole proprietorship, you MAY be able to link the business to his cash.

either way, from the sounds of it, he's broke like a druggie on coke, and court fees will probably cost more than what you could get out of him.

try to prove to him what he did u wrong on maybe he has some parts lying around you can use now in exchange for "not bringing him to court" but who knows he might be just blowing you off

Back