anyone with the new hankook's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
The new tires from Hankook are the Ventus RS2 z212. I have been reading on an SCCA board, aswell as honda-tech, and people are really likeing these tires.

They are realitively cheap, at 64 a peice for 195/50/15 and 78 a peice for the 205.50.15's. With grip, people are comparing them to both the new and old azenies. From what I have read, they beat the old azeneis in several areas including rain, resisting over heating, 3lbs lighter, and dry grip. Another 200 tread wear tire so I would expect about the same tread life. I am really thinking about them. I need new tires. Currently I am rolling on some GSR fat fives (one with a bent rim) with 2 kelly charge POS all season tires, and then some cooper tires with a buldge in them. They are so beat up, even after I got them ballanced, I get a major vibration above 65mph. My snow tires fell better then them lol.

i say go for the kuhmo MX's sounds like some of the same properties of this tire your talking about. ive got some 205/50/15 kumho MX's on my gsr fat five rims and i like them :)

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jul 11 2005, 12:43 AM
i say go for the kuhmo MX's sounds like some of the same properties of this tire your talking about. ive got some 205/50/15 kumho MX's on my gsr fat five rims and i like them :)
[post=523888]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, these new tires are in the same catorgy as azenies, pontenza SO3's, Kumho MX's, and the like. The one nice thing about these are they are the cheapest out of all them.

for the price you cant go wrong trying them out
i say go for it

MX's are no longer being made. they've been replaced. bill just got a set on the bimmer... he says they are about the same as the mx's.... but they have a much higher treadware. i think its like 340 or something now...

IMO, hankook makes a decent tire. i'd say give them a shot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 11 2005, 09:51 AM
MX's are no longer being made. they've been replaced. bill just got a set on the bimmer... he says they are about the same as the mx's...
[post=523983]Quoted post[/post]​

wow those were short lived.

Well I did go with the Hankooks and my overall impression with them is pretty good. Grip is close to to the Azenis, but the sidewall feels like jello. I am going to have to play around with the tire pressure.

[insert lame bill cosby photo here]

what pressure are you running them at now?

as for any tire, you get what you pay for. The hankooks sidewalls are not as reinforced as the azenis which is why it feels soft under cornering situations. But for the cash i might go with them. If i had the cash though i would try for a set of continentals or nitto neo gens. These are very well built tires will lots of reinforcement along with the conti's good tread wear.

Originally posted by 69crx69@Jul 25 2005, 08:31 AM
If i had the cash though i would try for a set of continentals or nitto neo gens.
[post=530720]Quoted post[/post]​

The neogens are horrible. Two of my friends bought them soon after they came out because of all the marketing hype. One sold them after abouyt a month, the other did burnouts in the parking lot of his shop until they offically died.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2005, 09:35 AM
[insert lame bill cosby photo here]

what pressure are you running them at now?
[post=530691]Quoted post[/post]​

right now, they are all at 35psi. I am going to set them at 38 and see how they do then.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 25 2005, 10:17 AM
nitto hasn't made a good tire since 1997
[post=530729]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. You're saying that they actually made a good tire at one point? Wow. :eek:

post what you find out about the tire pressure thats workin for you, im still messing with mine and havent found anything that im happy with yet, im adjusting my koni's at the same time tho so my situation may be slightly different than yours.

Back