Apple Moves To Intel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a feeling that I'm going to be switching to Linux for my everyday surfing and downloading activities.

Dont do it battle pope...ITS A TRAP.....

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 14 2005, 11:22 AM
Dont do it battle pope...ITS A TRAP.....
[post=512046]Quoted post[/post]​

gallery_31005_76_1065.jpg

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 14 2005, 05:11 PM
I have a feeling that I'm going to be switching to Linux for my everyday surfing and downloading activities.
[post=512040]Quoted post[/post]​

Come to the darkside. Ok, so I am still on the grey area inbetween, but hell, I am a computer tard.

I find my shifts back to Windows growing further apart, but still am not going to bother gaming on Linux and much prefer PS to GIMP, but internet is almost all Linux.

Those are my only hangups with migrating to a complete linux environment.

I like to play games (admittedly less and less) and I use photoshop from time to time.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 14 2005, 11:14 AM

I like to play games (admittedly less and less) and I use photoshop from time to time.
[post=512062]Quoted post[/post]​

Cant help you with the games, but you can always use the new GIMP if you need photoshop.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 14 2005, 01:14 PM

[post=512062]Quoted post[/post]​

same here. once photoshop comes out on linux, i'm done with windows for ever.

for the record, gimp fucking sucks.

PS will run under Wine, so if you were so inclined, you could run Wine, then pretty much have whatever you missed from Windows, and Cegedra supports most games CS, HL2 my excuse is...I am too lazy to figure it all out, when I can just do it from Windows.

That's what I would think too, but Fedora Core 4 just came out, and when I can get a good DL, I am going to be trying out the 64 bit. Reports so far say it is stable and fast, with few and far between bugs, and those so far are on things I don't use :) So if I can get Wine running on 64 bit and see a gain it might be over for the dows.

Back