atkins sucks.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

atkins works for me. but i limit my fat intake too. i go pretty high protien and it works.

I've been saying this for years. It also fux0rz your kidney's, I'm not giving you mine in 30 years, you can go to hell.

Well I'll tell you what, that study blows. :)

Coming from someone who is very involved in health and fitness with a background of a ton of personal experience and also all the scientiffic bs, that study is faulty.

Low fat was the trend before low carb. Every fad diet seems to be the answer to lazy SOBs that just refuse to watch their calories in versus calories burned.

Its all about how many calories you take in a day, not how many grams of carbs or fat. If you want to lose weight, you cut calories. If you cut calories you'll lose weight, if you eat exactly what you burn, you'll stay the same, and if you eat in excess than you'll gain weight....thats the facts of life.

If anyone really is interested in a healthy lifestyle and diet, as opposed to these fad diets than be sure that your daily calories are composed of around 50% protein, 35% carbs, and 15% fat.

Of course its not good to have lots of fat in your diet, nor is it great to have a ton of protein or carbs

People in this country need to get off of their fat asses and get to a gym

werd.gif

Originally posted by YangpaNemsay@Nov 16 2004, 05:07 PM
People in this country need to get off of their fat asses and get to a gym

werd.gif

[post=417823]Quoted post[/post]​

Exactly! East whatever the fuck you want as long as you burn more than you consume daily.

all u fuckers talk about is losing weight, well fuck you!! im skinny and im trying to GAIN weight. i cant gain weight worth a shit!! any of you all got any ideas on gaining weight?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2004, 07:42 PM
all u fuckers talk about is losing weight, well fuck you!! im skinny and im trying to GAIN weight. i cant gain weight worth a shit!! any of you all got any ideas on gaining weight?
[post=417904]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. Reverse liposuction.

Carbs and Protein.

i myself am a hypoglycemic. it basically means that my body produces too much insulin for the amount of sugar i take in. so because of this i am basically stuck on an atkin diet for the rest of my life. my diet is more restricted than a diabetic. its still beats being a diabetic though. i take advantage of the increased protien and workout daily. ive put on 15 pounds of muscle over the summer and 30 since i found out in january. its like New2TheCarScene said, carbs in versus carbs out. you can regulate it for weight gain, loss, or maintanance.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2004, 06:42 PM

loads of protien
and drink 1L of hommo milk every day. somday you too could put on 38 pounds in 2 mounths

personal preference really... Low Carb works for me... I'm down almost 30lbs. I also go to the gym. I also have a history of Diabetes in my family, so cutting down on the sugar intake helps me also.

I have a gut i'm trying to get rid of... not to mention a screwed up back i'm trying to repair... And what am I doing? Lots of cardio, treadmill, cross trainer, etc... And the ultimate ab/back builder... Crunches... But not "trendy" crunches... Do them on the exercise ball... Try doing 10 your first time... i'll bet you can't... :)

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 16 2004, 10:28 PM
I actually have packed on 30lbs. in three months, without gaining a significant amount of body fat. But then, I was at the gym four days a week and I lifted like a bodybuilder.
[post=418031]Quoted post[/post]​

well it definately wasn't even close to all muscle.

30lbs in a YEAR is not even typical results. If diet is in order 10-15 of muscle a YEAR is what people are lucky to shoot for.

I'm up 20-30lbs and look a lot more muscular but I know that not even close to that was muscle.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Nov 16 2004, 07:42 PM

www.wannabebig.com

Join the forums.

If you go to that flex bodybuilding site, I will punt your ass. Bodybuilding magazines produce such bullshit articles aimed at only selling supplements. THe routines that are shown are also for people like bodybuilders that are 1) Genetically inclined and 2)Roiding. Theres such thing called as overtraining which is adverse, doing those routines definately won't help.

I could give you my workout split thats from my friends Monmouth University (a d1 school) Football training program. I've had huge strength gains from it but have also been lifting for quite awhile now, like 5years or so. It may be a bit much for a beginner but I could give you or create a beginners split for you.

I'll link you to a gaining weight/losing weight article that I wrote on actually what is like a rating site girl's nudes site.

http://wehavenoodz.com/viewtopic.php?t=6237

good luck

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 16 2004, 10:39 PM
personal preference really... Low Carb works for me... I'm down almost 30lbs. I also go to the gym. I also have a history of Diabetes in my family, so cutting down on the sugar intake helps me also.

I have a gut i'm trying to get rid of... not to mention a screwed up back i'm trying to repair... And what am I doing? Lots of cardio, treadmill, cross trainer, etc... And the ultimate ab/back builder... Crunches... But not "trendy" crunches... Do them on the exercise ball... Try doing 10 your first time... i'll bet you can't... :)
[post=418036]Quoted post[/post]​

Bleh @ crunches on those bounco fitness balls. Using a medicine ball or 'power/strength bands' (the little rubber bands that women usually use for aerobics classes) on a decline board thats set at the highest level, works them the hardest plus its easy going from a sit up to an oblique crunch.

My ab routine goes like this if anyone is interested;

Leg ups (not just knee ups, you raise the entire leg perpendicular to the body...don't swing while you do these)

Medicine ball/power band sit ups on a decline board

Oblique crunches on a decline board

You could also use a weighted ab machine in the gym, keeping your hands behind your head not on the stupid handles infront of you that allow you to cheat.

There's loads of shit you can do for abs, both body weight and weighted.

This is a body weight ab routine that is half decent that a lot of people do.

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/BootCamp.asp

Back