Attn Connecticut Members

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SFPracing

Some friends and I were thinking about starting an invite only Honda/Acura club here in Ct. I'm not talking a bunch of 16 year old ricers with 3 tier wings, scrapping the ground with glowing neons underneath. (that's why it'd be invite only) I'm talking bad @$$ Honda/Acura's with cool members to boot. Imagine having the charter members with 97 Turbo B20vtec hatch, 96 B16A turbo hatch, 01 ITR Turbo, DelSol turbo (if pissedoffsol is down), 4 door GSR teg, etc... I'm not talking being elitest by any means. Just cars that raise the bar beyond normal cars, and rice. Ya know, all cool cars with cool owners would be welcome. I'm just talking a group of 10-20 nasty ass Honda's rollin around to events, cruise nights, shows, for a cruise down to the beach together, coming up with a sick clean sounding name that conveys, power, and function that embodies the bad ass cars that it represents. A club that demands respect and at time fear. In the old days a few of us started a local DSM club that grew to 50+ members and was widely known throughout Connecticut. People feared and respected us and those who didn't have a club for their respective brand of car, at times, envied us. We got a multi page spred in Super Streets club corner that basically said, "these guys know how to do it" "Club land should learn from them". Basically a tight knit organization small enough to handle so that everyone can get out to meet up and be easy enough to not have to manage (big clubs get to be time consuming). A smaller tight knit group is better than a large less motivated group who never gets out. We want to bring a Honda/Acura club to the Connecticut streets with the likes of which has never been seen. Time to bring some respect to Honda and show "everyone" what hondas can do and dispell the myths about all hondas being ricers, slow, (insert other comment here), etc... Anyone seriously interested? If we get enough interest I'll start a mailing list and maybe we can put together a small website to display full layouts of our cars.

I'm down...

E_solsi would be down probably- JDM ITR swap, 5 lug del sol
wildbillhatchbac would probably be down- fully built NA LS EG hatch
jeff, if he ever gets his crx in shape would probably be down.... =)
Chet- if he ever comes home from school in his b16 hatch
steve's g/fs 'lude
thats all i know for peeps who have potentially sick honda's

ohh- and Scott- you ever consider a pursuasive writing career? :lol:

Car:
'96 Civic Hatchback
no p/s
no power locks
no power windows
no power anything

Engine:
B16A2 bored .015
Arias Pistons 9.2:1
Crower rods
Skunk2 cam gears
320cc injectors
255lph fuel pump
TD05H-18g turbo
Greddy Type 24v intercooler
Greddy Profec-B
Greddy piece of sh*t box that makes your car run very rich
ARP studs
Nuformz blockguard
Mistubishi 1g blow off valve
Magnecor Wires
JUN flywheel
Exhaust: 3" dp...but....2 1/2" the rest of the way (getting full 3" very soon) into 3" universal muffler

Trans:
Clutchmasters Stage 2
Short shifter (OK I just cut a few inches off the stock one ;) )

Suspension/Wheels:
16" ADR GT sports
Toyo Proxes FZ4
Tokico Illuminas
Springs made by Eibach for Tokico for my car (needless to say it all works very well)

Interior:
Stock, just the way I like it
well, OK maybe I'll get some Recaros soon

Sounds:
Pioneer head unit 45x4
Infinity reference all round
JL 12" W2
Alpine V12 300w

Soon:
AEM EMS
550cc injectors
Brembo blanks
EBC Green Stuff
OZ Superleggeras with Azenis

I go to school in Fairfield, CT and I live in Sparta, NJ.

Can I join? :D

get rid of those, and i'd say you're in

LoL that's funny. :blink:

Yea Steve I guess after talking to Brian I didn't realize you guys tried to get something off the ground. Steve if you'd like to get involved maybe we can take my club experience and get together with Brian and the other guys interested in doing this and make a go at it. Basically my friends and I have decided we're gonna do this regardless but working together would probably be most beneficial. What you guys think?

haha yeah I know I know the tires suck

Personally I think it's a great idea. We don't exactly have too many serious car clubs out here. Almost everything I've seen is like "You got altezzas and rims? Nice! YOU'RE IN! Here's your 9" thick windshield banner". I've been lookin for a cool east coast club for a while. The best thing I've seen so far is the now disbanded Team23 Motorsports out of New Jersey. Anyways, I'm serious about getting this together so keep us posted. (pun definitely intended)

Originally posted by TripleDigitEK4@Feb 27 2003, 02:31 PM
get rid of those, and i'd say you're in

LoL that's funny. :blink:

Yea Steve I guess after talking to Brian I didn't realize you guys tried to get something off the ground. Steve if you'd like to get involved maybe we can take my club experience and get together with Brian and the other guys interested in doing this and make a go at it. Basically my friends and I have decided we're gonna do this regardless but working together would probably be most beneficial. What you guys think?

yeah, it was a little hard to find hard core people, I think the membership rose to liek a whopping 75 members, with at least 20 from surrounding states.

Id be willing to rekindle hartct as the url for the club. Ive been using it as web storage for a while now, but can always put up the site that is sitting on my pc at home.

oh yeah, hit me back w/some info on tdm via email.

Excuse me... but whats wrong with scrapin the ground??? :p

And i like my toyos... :p

And btw... hartct (Check back in a few weeks) has been up there for how long now steve??? :p

I'd probably be game... That is, if i'm not too ricey... :p

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Feb 27 2003, 04:08 PM
Excuse me... but whats wrong with scrapin the ground??? :p

And i like my toyos... :p

And btw... hartct (Check back in a few weeks) has been up there for how long now steve??? :p

I'd probably be game... That is, if i'm not too ricey... :p

How did you find this place... *runs and hides*

hurry we need to close hondaswap!!!! :ph34r: :bash: :woo:

Yeah, I am making a West Coast Club for all rides of all sorts, mostly muscle. I am only 16 and really into the scene already and if you have any tips on how I should run the club, well I am not running but kind of like on the board of legislature you could say. I would really appreciate it. It will be for all kinds of makes and models and years as long as they can hold their own on the track. We have one air ride mini truck but its fast enough. Please feel free to pm me with suggestions guy on how I should put a word in for the rules and whatnot like you guys are doing with your "new" club. Oh yeah, name is Projekt Mayhem.

Oh shit Noah found our hang out. How the hell have you been?

I would be for this. I do not have any rice, just a stock 89 CRX SI. If something takes off will there be any kind of hook up on parts?
I am planning on doing a swap (b16), a little suspension work, and some body work (rust repair).

possibly interested ... not too big on car clubs ... i'll see how it pans out

Back