audio starting to take shape (again)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
Rewired everything, built to-length RCAs for everything, etc etc etc, on and on, less talk more pics. Before you guys even say a word... yes I know I need to clean the ol 'cord out somethin bad. But this aint what the pics are about.

B, you wanted to know why I needed digital audio inputs/outputs... this is why.

dts2.jpg

dts3.jpg

dts4.jpg

Needs a serious cleaning and there are a few flaws in the console piece for the processor (understatment) but it performs very well. Remember this is an 86 here, no flashy curves and fancy looks. It is capable of SRS 5.1 circle surround in analog mode and DTS 5.1 in digital mode. The center channel is located between the front seats, behind the shifter. Once I clean the car up a LOT and borrow my g/f's cam which is beyond better than the one I used, I'll put more pix.

Jasus... I do nead to clean that damn thing out.

Don't rip on me too bad. :ph34r:

hrm.... i'd move that center channel... being on level with you must screw with the sound stage, no?

Originally posted by civicious+Jun 28 2005, 12:13 PM-->
Do you have a sharpie on your keychain?
[post=517379]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes I do, a Sharpie Mini. It's an actual keychan sharpie. Badass lil toy for all sorts of things... a sharpie when you need it.

pd_mini_v1.jpg

pissedoffsol

hrm.... i'd move that center channel... being on level with you must screw with the sound stage, no?

There's really no other place to install it. I'll eventually get Clarion's half din center and install it below the processor.

CLASRK5.jpg

holy hell thats dirty, and damn thats one short ass shifter. shouldnt the center channel be somewhere so its level with your neck atleast?

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Jun 28 2005, 02:05 PM
holy hell thats dirty, and damn thats one short ass shifter. shouldnt the center channel be somewhere so its level with your neck atleast?
[post=517462]Quoted post[/post]​

It's an adjustable throw, but what you see is mostly an illusion made by the shift boot. It's only about 3/4 inch shorter than stock.

Yeah yeah, dirty as hell I know. As for the center channel, it's actually on level with the fronts. I'll agree it isn't the best place to be installed but its the best balance between location and "able to be installed there". Like I said, I'll get the newer center from Clarion eventually and that will make life a bit easier.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 28 2005, 12:13 PM

How the fuck do you guys notice little things like that?? Everytime I see someone point out a little detail like this I have to go back and check for myself. You know how much back clicking that is damnit??

Originally posted by E-dogg+Jul 5 2005, 08:57 AM-->
civicious
@Jun 28 2005, 12:13 PM

How the fuck do you guys notice little things like that?? Everytime I see someone point out a little detail like this I have to go back and check for myself. You know how much back clicking that is damnit??
[post=520670]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't think anyone would even take notice at it. Well it isn't common for someone to tote a Sharpie on their keychain.

Get yerself to a Staples, they're 99 cents a pop.

Oh yeah, the changer. Just finished up disc four of that beast. Its a 10 disc mp3 changer I snagged off of eBay for a bit under 100 bucks. The coolest thing is the search function, I can enter an artist name or song title and it will find it for me. Mostly I just hit 'random all' and let the changer to the DJing for me. :D

http://www.enginevoodoo.com/vault there's the online tracklist of what's in there. Only trance heads need apply ;)

Originally posted by brian11to1@Jul 6 2005, 04:16 PM
wow, thats crazy. what kinda car is it. 86 accord?
[post=521736]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, you're good :worthy:

Couple more pics.

dts7.jpg

Sleight of Amp™ version 2. got the wires almost totally hidden and fed through so they don't get insanely pissed every time I open and close the thing.

dts8.jpg

Yay! Cleaned the car out! Lookin purdy!

Awesome 1973 Ford Mustang steering wheel, y0!

Lol...jk....sweet audio shit though

Originally posted by Prowler@Jul 25 2005, 06:33 PM
Nice, but why is it put in the crap car?
[post=530984]Quoted post[/post]​

What's wrong with my 86?! Drives strong, was one of the best looking Accords ever produced (80's styling and popup headlights > ALL) and even though it isn't a turbocharged moster like most of your cars, it puts the fear of god in the local ricers who think a fartcan and a wing makes their Civic or Cavalier the shit. Ever seen the look on a 17 year old's face when a 19 year old grocery getter leaves them in the dust? Qualifies for a Mastercard commercial ;)

Engine wise, it's got the standard substandard I/H/E (DC Sports header, yum!), a pretty damn good camshaft from a small group called Openloop with an adjustable gear, an SCI ignition, a few electronic changes and all the engine based luxuries are long gone. Power steering sucks... not to mention it was broke, as was the A/C. The battery's also moved to the trunk due to a little electrical "issue".

Beyond that, I plan on a P&P job, a lighter flywheel and either the 87 Prelude transmission (closer ratios) or an Integra/Accord hybrid transmission (UNGODLY close ratios, needs the Accord's 5th gear to be driven on the highway with any fuel economy). I'll attack the bottom end of the engine once I get a block to work with. This is my only car so I need it running.

Sweet man! Nice clean install too! Hey, do you have any other pics of your car? I'd be interested to see some more of your mods!

Back