AutoX #\

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
Alright, this autoX season, i am going to do something a little more classy then using paper plates with #'s on them

I want to go something a little less permant then vinal so gabe said he could make a magnetic number plate for me (like a big refigirator magnet.) Here is what i was thinking, tell me what you think. I am not too sure of the color so if you have suggestions i am all ears. The thing is going to have a ten inch diameter and is going on my white sol

For some reason it title the poll wrong, it should be "you like?"
Kinda big so i just linked it

If you say no, please say why

For all you lazy people who dont click links

B. you dont mind if i give the site props do you?
s3e3ee2df6d4fb.jpg

TTT

Come on guys tell me what you think, and gabe give me an estiment, need 2, semi powerful yet flexible magnets, beavled edges if possible.

looks nice. subtle yet noticeable. AND you can turn it upside down for a 61 (which was one of your goals I believe) :spin:

Originally posted by 4doors4life@Feb 3 2003, 06:14 PM
looks nice. subtle yet noticeable. AND you can turn it upside down for a 61 (which was one of your goals I believe) :spin:

You noticed, yea, just in case 19 is taken at an event, i have 61 as a back up #

Here are two other renditions
Black shadow
s3e3efc04aa584.jpg

black writing
s3e3efc367bf55.jpg

That looks like a sweet idea. Is the orangish color trying to match a specific color on your car? If not, I think that a little deeper red would look better.

BTW, go with the all color one, not the one where the numbers are black.

i like the first one... reminds me of cannonball run for some reason ;) .

I will try. Probally have to use Bold or something like that. There are not that many fonts that look the same right side up and upside down. Now i just need gabe to post and see his opinion and estiment on price

the color made me think dukes of hazzard.. its cool though.

seems like a orange red color, not really all orange though, just own up and show off the name hondaswap.com

the orange makes the color stand out more. let em know who you is when u pass em, make ur number be known.

i see this done a lot at AutoX around here ... standard magnets (like used for contractors signs on trucks n stuff) will hold up.... it is very importand to make sure that the magnet surface stays VERY CLEAN and clean the aea of the car (windex works good) before you put them on... get something to keep the numbers in so they will not get dirty when not on the car....

i would suggest checking with the local autoX peoples before settling on a number though... or just get the white part as a backround and get 3 or 4 numbers you can swap around (6/9 1/7 8/3[just cut it]) that will give you more flexability :)

i tryed to pick some #'s that people would not normally pick, true if i did 69, i would be using 96 all the time but 61 is kinda an odd ball #. I just dont like all of those cars that have 49305 diffrent stickers all over them, that takes away from the sleeper look on the street.

magnets are definatly the way to go :)
fuck stickers

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 3 2003, 11:25 PM
i tryed to pick some #'s that people would not normally pick, true if i did 69, i would be using 96 all the time but 61 is kinda an odd ball #. I just dont like all of those cars that have 49305 diffrent stickers all over them, that takes away from the sleeper look on the street.

You can't flip 69 over to make 96... you'd have to have detachable numbers. Why not just go with a thin circle with some super strong magnetic numbers to place on top? That way you can get all the numbers and make whatever you want.

Back