Axis VPD Vs. Rota Slipstreams

What wheels should i go with?

• 16" silver Rota slipstreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep my 15" white Rota slipstre

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

saturn_boy96

88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R
I want to use these wheels for both street and track use. Suggestions on tires will also be accepted.

thanks a lot you guys. oh yeah, these are on a black 5th gen civic coupe.

vpd.gif

slipsilver.jpg

slipstream1.gif

keep the 15's... if you dont like the color get them powder coated, or painted

whatever B, what do you want me to run, and not all of us can afford pimp ass rims like those volks you used to have.

axis = heavy
rota slips= played out, and frankly, i don't think they look good at all. maybe its just me.

you don't have to spend a fortune on a good set of wheels.

i like the rota circuit 8's a lot more than the slips.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 2 2003, 05:12 AM
I like the rota circuit 8's a lot more than the slips.

:withstupid: C8's or the new Group N (both mugen knock offs)

slips are played out, for real. but if i already had them, PERSONALLY, i'd stick with them unless i got a killer deal on a different set of wheels that i liked (c8's@!). and i like the 15" over the 16"

I like the slips, I have them in black and I couldn't be happier. They might not be the strongest wheels but I think they look nice, they don't get noticed. I got tired of having 17" RS6s so I went with the slips for the simple look and decent price. I would keep the ones you have and paint them, no point in buying the same wheel in a diff color (unless you can seel the white ones for a good price)

i live in a small town i wyoming so trying to tune a civic means i have to do everything myself. nobody knows what spoon is or what mugen is or even what vtec is so here there is no way for the slips to be played out. i think they look pissed on my car.

my car used to be so rice i had a civic type R badge on my trunk(even though my car is a coupe and everyone thought my car had to be so fast. what a bunch of bull sh*t) everyone thinks civics are like the fastest stock car. my car is extra pathetic though cause i live at about 4700 ft. i say my car used to be rice cause i am doing my best to go stockish(<-i made that word up).
the reason for the change over is that i saw an hx civic with an hx badge, a type r badge, a black body kit(the car was silver), 17" kmc alloys, a carbon fiber sticker on his gas door(complete with tattered edges), and a 2ft tall aluminum wing with blue tint on the glass and a 5" tip.

not only that but my brother brought him into my house.

WTF!!!!!

i almost punched the kid for having such a ghey car.

i will never allow my car to wear another badge again, even the honda ones that came stock. btw does anyone know how to get that crappy epoxy they used to glue the old dx stickers on with off?

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Feb 3 2003, 01:33 AM
btw does anyone know how to get that crappy epoxy they used to glue the old dx stickers on with off?

any parts store should have this stuff called "goo gone" it works really well on shit like that

I got some slips for my civic and in Germany they are virtually non-existant and I hope they get even more played out in the states by the time I get back,so no one will even look at them :D .

92b16bx - you live in germany?? how are the cars out there? any fast or dope show cars over there?? just wondering

saturn boy - i would just keep the wheels, i dont see the point of getting different colored ones, just keep them for now. plus you dont really live in an area where there are imports, so whatever you sport out there is new to them. if you live in california, you see them EVERYWHERE. they're not bad wheels at all, dont get me wrong, they just hella played out over here

peace out!

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 3 2003, 01:35 AM-->
saturn_boy96
@Feb 3 2003, 01:33 AM
btw does anyone know how to get that crappy epoxy they used to glue the old dx stickers on with off?

any parts store should have this stuff called "goo gone" it works really well on shit like that

Try bug and tar remover first, it is formulated to be good with paint. What ever you use, make sure as soon as you are done getting the crap off, wash your car. Leaving that stuff on too long can damage the paint.

Back