Axle leaking oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Where my drivers side axle (half shaft) plugs into the transmission, there appears to be some oil leaking from it. Did I miss something when I installed it? It appears to be in all the way, especially since I had to line up the holes on the engine block to mount it with.

Originally posted by sureshot007@Sep 2 2005, 09:37 AM
Where my drivers side axle (half shaft) plugs into the transmission, there appears to be some oil leaking from it. Did I miss something when I installed it? It appears to be in all the way, especially since I had to line up the holes on the engine block to mount it with.
[post=548731]Quoted post[/post]​

There is an axle seal in there, you may have damaged it if you weren't careful. Not too hard to fix, though.

Originally posted by sureshot007@Sep 2 2005, 09:37 AM
[post=548731]Quoted post[/post]​

sounds like your axle seal is bad, they can go bad when you swap out axles. No biggie its a 7 dollar part.

Back