B16 400 hp turbo options

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

steacy91

Hey I've been trying to find some threads on my options if im looking for 400 horse on my b16, i was checking out some of the goautoworks kits and there 62mm pro kits come with either a precision billet 6262 .63 or .82 ar , but ive read there good for more than im looking for, but would they still be efficient for my goals or would it not work well at all? Their tuner kit has the option of a t3/t4 .50 or .57 trim .63ar , would that be a better option? check out this link if you got time to browse through some options. Any helps appreciated
GO-AUTOWORKS Civic CRX Integra Complete Bolt On Turbo Kits

Either of those options works, but if I were you I'd just go with the 62mm pro kit and a .63 A/R. It'll leave some room to grow if you decide you want more in the future.

what about spool time though would the 6262 be laggy ? I want something that has a solid midrange as well, I'm on stock sleeves for now so i dont think ill be going any higher than 400 horse, what turbo will be capable of 400 horse under say 20 pounds and have a decent spool time ? i see the garrett t3/t4 57 .63 ar would be in that power range, any idea on spool time ?

My first build by the way so forgive me if im not an expert

The 57 trim spools pretty quickly on an LS-VTEC, it should spool pretty quick on your B16. It'll hit 400whp but it probably won't have a whole lot left in it after that.

As for the 6262, it will be noticeably more laggy than the 57 trim. You can expect to see about 15 psi by 6,000 with that turbo depending on the tuning. The plus is that it'll make a lot more power than the 57 trim.

The 57 trim is a great street turbo, and if you plan on staying in the ballpark of 400whp, I'd say that is your best bet. Any more than that and I'd say you should go for the other kit.

what if I was looking for something capable of 475-500, that would come on earlier, say around 4500 range, and not take to much boost to reach 375-400 hp, is there any suitable turbos that you know of that would fit the profile? I see you got a civic what set up are you running ?

I am running a journal bearing Turbonetics t04e. I would not recommend it if you want to see power at that level. It takes until ~5,500 for my car to come alive.

If you're looking for something in that range, I'd recommend a GT3076R. Proven to make over 400whp, and will spool far earlier than a comparable journal bearing turbocharger. I'd have to do the math, but you should start seeing boost in the 4k-5k range.

kk awesome ill look into that, happy belated birthday by the way seen the thread going, and thanks for all the help man couldnt have figured this out without it.

Back