B16 del sol 1992 vs 1990 ef d14 carb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stevo1989

I have the b16 del sol and my brother has the ef which has a d14 on carbs, well we had a race the other day and even though i beat him i wasnt happy as i only just beat him, surely i should whoop his ass? I have full aem cold air induction and also 4-2-1 header and 2.25 inch stainless all the way to the back so it is lightly modified aswell where as the ef is basically standard altho he has had it on a dyno and got a reading of 117bhp and he stripped it out so it is lighter.

I also had my friend in my car and even he was shocked. My vtec works is just has nothing to give, his words were 'it just feels timid' and when he compared it to his other friends b16 he said something was wrong. Can anyone shed any light on this, i maintain it myself but during the 2 years ive owned it ive only changed oil x3, cambelt and water pump

Power to Weight Ratio makes the race make sense to me. Put that B16 in the stripped EF and she won't be timid.

Back