b16 machining

jdmracer

yo i bought a b16 from jspecautosports, cracked it open and my cylinders are out of round and also tapered. so i need to bore it out n i was wondering how much can io take off without runnin into problems? im plannin on runnin ctr high compression slugs, and itll be n/a. n how much do u think that will cost me to get it bored out and also to get the pistons, everything total together. any help is appreciated, thank u.

HollowJDM

ive heard 20 over is a good bore, dont think its max but someone told me it should take careof problems and its safe to avoid problems, but im not a rebuild expert so, dunno

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Ask a good machine shop- there's no way someone online who's never seen your block, let alone measured the damage can tell you how much you need to bore the block to clean things up.

jdmracer

yo calesta i wasnt asking how much to bore it out to take care of my problems cuz i have measured my block and i know my problems, i was asking what is the most u can bore it out without weakening the already weak cylinder walls of the open deck block