B16 SIR II into 94 cx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teal_HB

If I buy the B16 SIR II from HMO will the axles be good to use or will they be only good for cores like some other sites that sell swaps. Also will the, Axles, Half Shaft, Shift Linkage, and Stock Motor Mounts work fine for bolting it in or do I need a mount kit and diffrent axles.

you need b series mounts.. so the stock d series ones in your cx wont work.. particularly the rear tranny bracket.. the driver side mount and tranny mount.

also.. a quick search may help in this case... this is a very common swap.

The brackets that bolt to the motor are what you need, the actual mounts that go between the motors brackets, and the mounting brackets in the chassis are good (only one that might be off is the driver side depending on the bracket that comes with it).

gallery_1_1_1104708836.jpg

If you get the SIR II complete swap from HMO you will have everything you need including mounts and axles. One of the axles I got looked like it had a boot replaced right before it was sent to me. I was very pleased with everything from HMO.

Thanks for the help and yes I was going to get the complete from HMO and it said it would come with the stock B16 mounts.....so those would work right?

right

BTW take a look in my album and you will find pics of my swap. SIR II in a 93 sedan. Should be identical to your 94.

BTW how did the swap go, many problems? And have you ran your car at the track since the swap? Also did you get the JDM or USDM B16?

It went easy. had to fabricate a throttle cable bracket extension to make my d cable work on the b engine. Took a while to find the pins I needed for hooking up the v-tec. I also cut and pasted the JDM b harness together with the d harness to make it work. I have done a lot of wiring so this was easy for me. Still using my stock rad, no problem with 100 degree weather and the AC running. Got the JDM swap with LSD. You will need LSD to get the power down.The swap took one weekend start to finsh working by myself.

Originally posted by friz@May 25 2005, 07:13 PM
It went easy. had to fabricate a throttle cable bracket extension to make my d cable work on the b engine. Took a while to find the pins I needed for hooking up the v-tec. I also cut and pasted the JDM b harness together with the d harness to make it work. I have done a lot of wiring so this was easy for me. Still using my stock rad, no problem with 100 degree weather and the AC running. Got the JDM swap with LSD. You will need LSD to get the power down.The swap took one weekend start to finsh working by myself.
[post=503666]Quoted post[/post]​

So did you have to buy diffrent radiator hoses to hook it up? And I do plan on getting the LSD tranny, what oil did you use in your LSD tranny? So would it be easier for me to buy a b series throttle cable probably?

94-95 delsol DOHC V-TEC hoses (these don't fit the rad very well you will have to use worm drive clamps). Honda manual tranny oil. This shit is expensive so run 5w30 first and change it a couple of times to get the water out. My tranny was full of water when I got it. The bracket was just a piece of bar stock with four holes in it.

Where did you find the delsol hoses, and when i read the manual it said to use a certain type of 5w30, can I just use regular 5w30 motor oil? Also do you have a picture of the bracket you made? And if I do buy the b series throttle cable, it will work perfect?

Honda dealership for the hoses. The cable you want is for the dohc delsol also. motor oil is fine for flushing the tranny.

BTW if you want to keep your AC you will need the delsol AC bracket.

Also inlinefour.com says that I can use the ITR throttle cable for a B16 swap into a 92+ civic, is this true?

just in case you are poor like me, we used the d16 throttle cable and the d16 bracket, heated it up with propane and bent it backwards and bolted it onto the rail side, works perfect :D

Originally posted by VTECin5th@May 26 2005, 12:40 AM
just in case you are poor like me, we used the d16 throttle cable and the d16 bracket, heated it up with propane and bent it backwards and bolted it onto the rail side, works perfect :D
[post=503802]Quoted post[/post]​

That is gangster, I dig it!!! :lol:

Back