B16 (siri) Injector Type

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heterosapian

Are the stock injectors on the first generation b16s peak-hold or saturated? I know the injectors in the usdm crxs are peak & hold but that doesn't really mean much seeing how we're talking about a completely different engine. If theyre peakhold then YEAH, no resistors! If not then itll take another half hour of that horrible shit they call wiring to install some dsm450s. Thanks.
peace

They are Peak-and-hold 2 ohm injectors which REQUIRE a resistor box to generate the necessary higher current. Starting with OBD-1, honda used saturated 12-ohm, grey plug injectors which can be fired with a lower current directly from the ECU. I believe DSM 450cc injectors are also peak and hold, which require a resistor box. Hope that helps.

The b16 injectors being peak and hold should be a direct swap for some dsm 450s no? I understand that they require a resistor box btu that already being there should mean a clean swap yes? Has anyone done this to their b16?

yeah- its pretty much plug N play as long as you have an afc to control them

Back