b16 swap gone bad!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay so i finished the b16 swap in my 92 teg (obd1)and we go to start it but it sounds like its off timing (like skipping, jumping and backfiring)but we tried messin with the dizzy that didnt work and we checked the timing and its DEAD ON!! WHats up here???

I got the motor from HmotorsOnline.com from Steve-o. Anyway i have 2 CEL's, one is 22 vtec soleniod and the other i dont know what it is...its 2 solid blinks i thought maybe 22 or 20 but my haynes shows neither or those number cel's.

Please someone helpme out to figure out whats wrong with my swap Thanks in Advance -- Mark

i ordered my b16 from hmotors and everything installed fine, but when started, kinda jittered, figured i had no map sensor, mine wasn't on the TB like others, i had to buy another one that mounted to the firewall, installed, ran fine

i was told the map sensor on the tb can be taken off and used as a firewall one, i haven't tried tho

not too sure which map sensor is on mine i know i have the one originally on the tb like my ls motor had? i hope there isnt one on the tb too...its a 92-93 xsi b16a...

**UPDATE**

Got the car running...it was a fuckin backwards plug wire...but now im gettin a noise from the timing belt side of the motor like a whining noise almost but not really high pitched...my friend said the timing belt may be too tight?? any ideas?

i was just abou to ask you to check your plug wires lol. anyways check your alternator, sometimes they tend to whine when they are going out.

Back