B16 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

Senior Member
I'm swapping a b16 into my 93 Civic (still)...and I'm not sure which hoses to use. I bought a delsol dohc vtec upper hose, but it's too short, and I tried using my original d16z lower hose but the diameter is too small.

If anyone can give me some feedback I'd greatly appreciate it....Thanks
 

nimblecivic

Senior Member
Thanks for the input guys....


FYI....I tried to get a delsol upper hose from Autozone...(I know, but I just needed a hose).....to use. They have the same upper hose listed for the d16z6 and the b16a3...no wonder the damn thing didn't fit....

Stupid place is trying to keep as many universal parts in stock as possible...no way in hell that hose was going to work...

They did the same thing with a motormount for my CRX...took em 3 tries on 3 different mounts and they still couldn't get it right-and for a kick in the ass I found the correct mount CHEAPER at the dealer!!!
 

rodzilla

Member
Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 18 2003, 05:20 PM
I'm swapping a b16 into my 93 Civic (still)...and I'm not sure which hoses to use. I bought a delsol dohc vtec upper hose, but it's too short, and I tried using my original d16z lower hose but the diameter is too small.

If anyone can give me some feedback I'd greatly appreciate it....Thanks

I went and got 94 Acura GSR hoses and bought new clamps. They fit and lenght was very close to perfect.
 

nimblecivic

Senior Member
rodzilla....did you buy oem honda hoses or go to a parts store and request hoses for a 94gsr?

The reason I ask is it's a holiday weekend and I need the hoses now but the dealer is closed so my only option is a parts store.......preferrably not Autozone...lol
 

prawjEKt Cx

Senior Member
yeah auto zone is a bunch of cocks.... Advance is the shit..... o'rileys isn't bad either.
 

rodzilla

Member
Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 19 2003, 10:02 AM
rodzilla....did you buy oem honda hoses or go to a parts store and request hoses for a 94gsr?

The reason I ask is it's a holiday weekend and I need the hoses now but the dealer is closed so my only option is a parts store.......preferrably not Autozone...lol

i got them from O'Reilly Autoparts, i think they were only around 10-13 bucks.
 

2 litre EG

Senior Member
Originally posted by prawjEKt Cx@Jan 19 2003, 11:11 AM
yeah auto zone is a bunch of cocks.... Advance is the shit..... o'rileys isn't bad either.

hmmm haven't heard of those parts stores i have a choice of Pep Boys, Kragen, Napa and Autozone... all of them suck! i learned my lesson too many times trying to rely on any of those stores :(
 
Top