B16A Max Power ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

amadeuscr

hello people , I wanted to ask how many whp I can take out from my engine and be safe at the same time .

I have this:

b16a JDM
stock sleeves
eagle rods
wiseco pistons forged
Turbo Kit - t3/t4
2.5 inch exhaust pipping
TiAL 38mm wastegate.
450cc DSM injectors
Walbro fuel pump
Tunning with CROME PRO.

I am currently with 282whp and 193lbsft of torque at 10psi , I know that at this point I need to change injectors but I dyno it last week, Im installing this week the walbro too. my goal is probably 350whp , a little less don't hurt ! , thanks in advance for the help.

It wouldn't hurt to put another 6psi ontop of the 10psi your running now, should get you to your goal if not a little more. Just upgrade the fuel system to compensate for the increase in boost, and have it dyno tuned again.

I would start to worry about using the stock head at that kind of hosrepower, I would atleast get a mild port and a 3 angle valve job. Did you install some arp head bolts?

I have stock head bolts , I was thinking about installing cometic head gasket , arp bolts , and 750cc injectors !! and start from there , what do you think ?

atleast get arp, or I guarantee your will get head lift after a while, the stock head gasket is fine. but if you do decide to replace it I would get atleast a mild port and a 3 angle valve job

350-400 is about all the stock sleeves are good for isnt it?

Take the time to find out what size injectors you need, don't just pick a big size. Bigger is not better, properly suited is better.

If you're running this without an upgraded fuel pump, you're running lean and already past the safe point for making power. Otherwise, I wouldn't push much past 350whp without sleeves.

You absolutely need the ARP head studs. You should've done that before you put the turbo on. The stock head is 100% fine.

I know stock fuel pump wont work , I realize it when I was tuning, I installed a bigger one , but don't know the brand, and that one worked good for a while, but I already bought the walbro , cause I want to be sure of what I have , I am installing it this week,

So buy list is ARP , cometic head gasket , and injectors ?

B16 blocks are crappy for all motor setups. The most NA power ive seen out of a b16a was 200whp, and that was with some SERIOUS head work and cams not to mention the higher compression pistons.

Boost on the other hand is a different story. You can boost a stock b16a engine with a t3t4 50 trim and make 250whp tuned on 10psi. Thats some serious fun on the street, but I prefer something along the lines of 350-400whp for the street, IMO.

I have a question about all this , I have seen people with 12psi and with hp not even close to what I got, using similar setups (forged pistons and rods ) , I have a friend that dyno tuned he got 266whp at 12psi , I believe that if I put 12psi I get at least 300whp, cause I made 282whp at 10psi , and I am talking about the same engine (b16a)

People , I need it to add something , I know is not directly related to the subject , but I was changing the fuel pump and I took some time to check my injectors, the guy who sell those to me told me that were high impedance ! , and I believed him (big mistake) , yesterday I was checking Ohms on the injectors and apparently they are low impedance (3.5ohms) , high impedance should be around 12ohms (correct me if Im wrong) , so there is two things I wanted to check ...

1st : I bought a Si 91 civic resistor box , it has 5 wires, one red , and 4 black, the 4 black should be connect it to the injectors (yellow/black) , and red should be connected to only one line that comes from the ECU ? , having in mind that there are 8 wires total, 4 wires that comes from the injectors(yellow/black) and 4 wires that comes from ECU ( I Think , lightyellow/black ) , 1 from this last 4 is real signal (ECU) and what are the other 3??
I install the box this way : all 4 wires (comes from ecu lightyellow/black) all togheter to the red wire on the resistor box, and the 4 black wires directly to the injectors (yellow/black).

2nd: I used those low impedance injectors without resistor box for more than a month , I know that can be fatal for the ECU . but is working now no problem aparently , is the ECU ok ? or even if it's working , could be damaged by now ?

sevenofnine.jpg

Nice! :lmao: Did you make that yourself?

People , I need it to add something , I know is not directly related to the subject , but I was changing the fuel pump and I took some time to check my injectors, the guy who sell those to me told me that were high impedance ! , and I believed him (big mistake) , yesterday I was checking Ohms on the injectors and apparently they are low impedance (3.5ohms) , high impedance should be around 12ohms (correct me if Im wrong) , so there is two things I wanted to check ...

1st : I bought a Si 91 civic resistor box , it has 5 wires, one red , and 4 black, the 4 black should be connect it to the injectors (yellow/black) , and red should be connected to only one line that comes from the ECU ? , having in mind that there are 8 wires total, 4 wires that comes from the injectors(yellow/black) and 4 wires that comes from ECU ( I Think , lightyellow/black ) , 1 from this last 4 is real signal (ECU) and what are the other 3??
I install the box this way : all 4 wires (comes from ecu lightyellow/black) all togheter to the red wire on the resistor box, and the 4 black wires directly to the injectors (yellow/black).

2nd: I used those low impedance injectors without resistor box for more than a month , I know that can be fatal for the ECU . but is working now no problem aparently , is the ECU ok ? or even if it's working , could be damaged by now ?

Some setups can operate your way without a problem. To be perfectly honest with you, if it were to burn out the ecu, it would have done so within roughly 10 minutes.

*If you look at the specifications of the injector driver package, it indicates it can flow the amount of current required for low impedance injectors.*

Are you running an aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regulator? If so, what brand and type of FPR is it and what does the fuel pressure rise per pound of boost?

the only thing I don't understand from yours is that only one line comes from the ecu to the red wire on the resistorbox , in my case I have 4 (obd1)

Back