B16A troubles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TiltBoxTurns

I have a 1988 Honda CRX with a 1991 B16a and a 95 Civic DX Ecu engine swap (done before i got the car). It ran great for a year then it started dying intermittently but it would either start right back up or have to sit 5 minutes then it would start. I thought maybe it was something overheating like the fuel pump or the distributor and went to check by driving it til it warmed up and died (so i could test the CEL) however it died less than 2 miles from where i started and it didn't have time to warm up. I did try checking the CEL but it wouldn't give me any error codes. I've run out of ideas. Please help

I'm not familiar with the ECU swap, but it sounds like it's a fuel issue (Too much, I'm actually thinking)

Does the engine actually warm up ?

check for spark when it dies, im leaning towards an ignition problem. If it has spark then look for fuel pressure, or at least make sure the fuel pump is running.

Main relay maybe? (at first) Mine when out only when it was warmed up. But would cold start everytime.

once it dies it usually starts right back up. i'm leaning towards an electrical problem but i'm having a hard time locating it.the diagonostic link isn't pinned so I'm going to try that and see if I can get an ecu error code

Back