B16a1 pre swap suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drunkencat

I am getting ready to install a B16 in a 91 Civic Si. Years eariler, I scrapped a 90 DA and took out the ls swap and other items. I bought no name mounts, CTR underdrive pulley, and a no name ceramic header. I was going to put it into my CRX but lost interest in doing the swap. I traded the LS swap for some circut 8s and bought my Civic. For the last couple of months the Civic with 203XXX miles on it has been burning about a quart of oil a week on average. So I decided to put a B16a1 swap into it. I still have my parts from the LS swap. Once I sell my CRX and another car I hope to get about 2400 to 3100 for my swap fund. Since I have a header, underdrive pulley what other upgrades should I do before the install. I've planned on getting a stage 2 clutch but I don't know which maker is good. I am going to do all of the preventive parts (water pump, seals, belts.......) Also, I am getting the swap with LSD for $1850 shipped so I should have around $650+ for up's. I figured to get the underdrive pulley out of the way along with the header. I still have the DA linkage and axles. Any suggestions?

i like exedy for the clutch and flywheel they sell them as a combo, id get like a 8 pound flywheel

Last edited:
Back