B16a1 questions

KornyCivic

I know i know, it's not a "recomended" swap...

But here is my question any way :) A friend of mine is planning on buying a b16a1 (SIR) swap to put in his 92 civic. he wants to use the cable tranny, but we're wondering what stock honda motor mounts can be found/scrounged ect to get this thing mounted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben

qtmac_mien

if your friends car is hydro and he is using the cable tranny then he will prob need the cable to hydro conversion. i got my conversion from JDMSHIT.COM. the instructions they gave me was hella shitty and had to figure it out on my own but i did. if u need help on that i got some picures of the conversion.

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
Originally posted by KornyCivic@Jan 18 2005, 02:30 PM
I know i know, it's not a "recomended" swap...

But here is my question any way :) A friend of mine is planning on buying a b16a1 (SIR) swap to put in his 92 civic. he wants to use the cable tranny, but we're wondering what stock honda motor mounts can be found/scrounged ect to get this thing mounted.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Ben
[post=447516]Quoted post[/post]​

We have a nice picture in our reference section that will tell you what mounts to use. I don't know what mount you'll need for the cable transmission, but all the rest should work.

qtmac_mien

if your friend is using a cable tranny on a hydro car then you would prob need a cable tranny mount instead of a hydro..

ej11

i had to chage every thing on my b16a1 so it would work in my 95 ex coupe...

dizzy.(0bd1)
injectors,f/r,f/p/r.(obd1)
02.(obd1)
gsr front left mount.
and hasport cable to hydro conv. (kit) with first gen tranny...
rear cable tranny mount.

hope this helps... :D