B16a2 build. Got some questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustybucketz

Hello everybody,
I bought a 94 civic that had a b16a2 swap in it already for 500$. I pulled the motor, tore it apart and sent the block to the machine shop already. It's getting cleaned, bored out to 81.5mm and checked for any issues. So far the parts I have for my build are BC stage 2 cams, dual springs and steel retainers. I know TI retainers are better but I got the whole BC set brand new on craigs for 550$. Rs machined Ctr piston 81.5mm. My question is will I have any clearance issues with the cams, springs and pistons I have so far? Also what else could I get with this build to maximize the benefits? I'm not looking to set any records but instead have a strong reliable build.

The only accurate answer is "maybe"

Unless you find someone who used the exact cam lift, head gasket, ctr's, and hope the machine shop doesn't mill your block or head enough to count, the only true way to know is to 'clay' the motor. And it's just what it sounds like. you put clay in the spots, assemble, turn it by hand, take the head off and check how far the valves went in.
But that's just the low cam.
you'll need to lock vtec on too to get that profile.

don't forget you'll need some bigger injectors like 310s most likely to support that and of course, a real tune to go with it on top of the standard i/h/e set up.

Back