B16a2 knock sensor wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auto_tech

Hey guys, I need to know exactly how to wire up the knock sensor to the cannon plug. I have some instructions but it is only showing me one wire, and as far as I know the knock sensor is 2 wires correct? On the back of the block, little electrical plugs right? Well I was told one goes to the ecu (pin D3), and the other one is ground, so I need to know which one is ground, the connector on the left or right on the plug. Please correct anything that isn't right, just want to get all this wiring crap done, i got everything else set up ok so far. Thanks in advance,
-Aaron-

umm the wire that goes to the ecu is red and blue on my prelude...thats the best i can do.

Its dark right now, and all i have is a scissor jack at my house. i can probably look tomorrow since i will be changing my Header and Down pipe.

Quoted post[/post]]
umm the wire that goes to the ecu is red and blue on my prelude...thats the best i can do.

Its dark right now, and all i have is a scissor jack at my house. i can probably look tomorrow since i will be changing my Header and Down pipe.
I am not sure if the knock sensor would be the same on the h-series motors or not. But if you can take a look, and let me know which one of the wires is grounded, the one on the left or right. THanks.

I know the sensors are the same. at least if you buy one on ebay it says b and h series knock sensor.

I've seen a couple of knock sensors. They are all one wire. Presumably the knock sensor itself is grounded when attached to the engine block.

i may be wrong but i dont think the b16 has a ks. i thought only the b18c and h22 had them :shrug2:

Quoted post[/post]]
i may be wrong but i dont think the b16 has a ks. i thought only the b18c and h22 had them :shrug2:
The b16 definetly has a knock sensor. You could look this up by searching the wiring instructions up on the web, knock sensor is included. I have figured it out though. Knock sensor is only one wire. Thanks guys.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Only B16A that I know of that doesn't is mine, and the other european ones. JDM, USDM's have them.

KS = one wire.

Just so he's clear on which one it is, what color is the KS wire? I'd assume the ground wire is black.

Off the top of my head....can't remember, but it's posted in here several times.

Back