B16A2 rebore needed for new pistons?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tanny

Hey whats up guys?

It's the first time I've posted on this site, but I've been reading up on here for the last few years. I live in the UK and am a proud owner of a 1999 Civic Jordan (limited edition B16A2 powered EK4 Sunlight Yellow hatchback with yellow/black leather interior).

Anyway I am building the engine for boost on stock sleeves, and have recently purchased some CP 9:1 cr 81mm pistons and Eagle rods. I'm only shooting for 300whp and am also building the head with Skunk2 valvetrain and intake manifold.

My question is should I have purchased slightly oversized 81.25mm or 81.5mm pistons and have the cylinders rebored to ensure a better bore, or will I be ok with the stock 81mm? The motor has 95,000 miles on it, and runs strong. No problems with it. A lot of people have told me I shouldn't have purchased stock size. I am hoping I can get away with a hone. Is is true forged pistons expand with heat and require a slight rebore anyway?

I'm really hoping someone can answer these questions for me as you guys have been doing this for years, and here in the UK although we have a big Honda scene we are still catching up! I'll be using Hondata S300 and running a GT28RS.

Back