b16b or jdm gsr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidsi00

which would be better i just blew my motor i have a 200 civic si an i just want i simple swap what aould be better money is not a problem i just want what would be the best thanx

Before you make any decisions, look at the prices. The B16b is just a tuned regular-old B16. If the price is way higher than the B18, get the B18. You can always upgrade the B18 yourself with comparable parts.

Get the B18C. Like dohcvtec said, there is no replacement for displacement. The B16B would be nice to have just so you can say you have it, but that's about the only reason why I would buy one.

the b16b is a detuned JDM ITR, same exact block, different than the b16a. the gsr will have more on the bottom end, the b16b doesnt get happy until it is around 6.5k. if street and drag is where u are driving the most, then the gsr makes more sense.

How did you blow a B16A2 that is 2 years old?! Trying to get to 100 in 2nd gear?!

*EDIT* A boosted B18C1 is a force to reckon with, forget LSVTEC *EDIT*

the block isnt port and polished that is the head. the head design yes is similar, with the minor port and polish, and differnt valve train, valves, springs, cams ect.

the block is from a completely different cast than the b16a, the b16b and the b18c share the same exact block, that is why u can drop all b18c internals into a b16b to stroke it to a 1.8l using all oem parts.

chris, are you saying a b16b block has the same bore as a b18c block?

and have any of you ever seen ctr pistons? the reason a b16b makes 185hp is the size of its pistons and duration of its cams.

Originally posted by chet@Oct 25 2002, 10:55 AM

and have any of you ever seen ctr pistons? the reason a b16b makes 185hp is the size of its pistons and duration of its cams.

true, and yes the b16b is the same block as the b18c, the reason they use it is because it is a stronger block. all they do is use a shorter stroke crank. and yes, the bore is the same, the bore is the same on all B series except the b20 like cal said.

Originally posted by chet@Oct 25 2002, 01:55 PM

yes as they have all said the bore is the same thing (81) the b16b and itr block are the same, but different from the rest of the b-series blocks.

yes i have seen ctr pistons, they are mini-Mt. Fuji's. there are alot of reasons that the ctr makes 180hp. that can be seen as too little, compared to the itr are a good amount if compared to the b16a. the cams have more lift than the itr as well, the intake mani, 2.5 collector, that all adds to the total in the end

b16: u are right the crank does produce a shorter stroke, the rods also help with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back