B17 Or Jdm B16a?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rogue420

i own a 95 cx. my buddy just crashed his 92 inegra gsr with high miles. my question is should i buy the b17 from him for a fair price(500-800 engine, tranny, harness, ecu, etc.) and rebuild or get a jdm b16a setup and swap that in? i'm leaning b17 just because it's my friend unless it's way more cost effective to go the jdm b16a route.
opinions?

b17a's are badass, simply because they're so rare.

where are you located, i'd be interested in that transmission...as you need a hydro transmission anyway.

if it were me, i'd go with the b17a for sure. its my goal to eventually own a clean 92,93 gsr and have it as my daily driver.

go b17a, how many other people do you know that have this setup, plus they have a little more torque...which is always nice.

i would go with the b17a also, hell, i'd like to find a b17 crank to throw in my b16 for just a lil more torque :)

word up on that b17, it's REALLY rare to come across those puppies so jump on that deal! :lol:

I am also interested in that tranny. If the deal doesn't go through with Chet please let me know.

Originally posted by B16@Feb 3 2003, 05:14 PM
i would go with the b17a also, hell, i'd like to find a b17 crank to throw in my b16 for just a lil more torque :)

I see a B17A crank on eBay every now and then... but I never buy it. The last one I saw sold for only $150 or so. :D

That's weird, I just put a bid on ebay for a complete b17a swap, just in case something was to happen to my engine, there would be hardly no down time! Hopefully I could win this auction!

Back