b18a axles??what ones??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chrism1829

Getcha Mind Right
Ok i just got this car.Its a 1989 honda civic hatchback pretty sure it is a si with a ls swap i think it is out of a 1990 integra ls.and the axles went..what axles do i use from what year car??..i bought the axles for a 90 integra but will they work???i need some help asap

thanks chris

yea i thought so to..but when i looked at the ones on the car there different then the one i got so i dont know there is a extra black piece on the axles

It dependes on what trim your car is.

DX/SI - LS axles will work (if using the LS half shaft).
HF - LS axles will not work, you need to swap to either DX or SI hubs.

yeah see the thing is i dont know anything about the car..if it is a si or dx i am not sure about anything..i think it is a si i believe but not sure

If its an SI or HF look on the intake manifold and it should say "PGMFI" which means its multipoint fuel injection. If it doesnt say PGMFI then its most likely a DX. Ill get pictures of the DX v. SI/HF engine bay.

Ok i am not sure..it has a ls swap in it..but the axles they sent me today has a extra black piece in the middle not sure what for but on the car now it is a plain ol axles nothing extra in the middle..so i wonder what axle it is??/..

if the axles fit it is either
-si
-dx

if they axles don't fit, it is std(i have std and you need new hubs for it because the axles are much larger)

you can see the difference here:
axlecomparison.jpg

the top axle is my STD(4 speed) axle and its spline on the end where it goes through the hub is marginally smaller.
my stock hubs have been replaced with JDM siR brakes because of the larger size and the larger hub

Im sorry, I just realized that your car has an LS in it. So the previous post is worthless, Im sorry. Anyhow if it was an STD then its axles are ok, you dont need to swap hubs from a DX or SI unless you want too.

i woudlnt be able to tell anyway there was already a swap done to the car,,so i dont know..but the axle in the first pic is what it looks like and they sent me the one in the second but how do i know what axle to get??

nobody can help me??? jeez..the AXLE that i took off the car looks like a regular axle the integra 90-93 tranny side fits but the hub side doesent...i tried a axle for 88-91 civic doesent fit what else could it be there has to be a axle for this car

then you prolly have to change out the hubs to SI or DX hubs if a 90-93 integra axles dont fit in the hub side. go to the junk yard or order new ones from auto parts store/honda.

yeah but there was a axle in the car already so what was that from??..and it worked fine just ripped the boot so i wonder what axle that it was i cant figure it out..How hard is it to change the hubs???what all will i need

also the thing that gets me is that it has all the features for a si is there the tach in the dash the console in the middle how would i know it was a standard??

Ok so i have a junk honda civic hatchback 91 dx will the hubs from that fit this axle??..

i am in the process of doin the same thing. Ok first off stop freaking out i am only here to help. :D secondly your hubs might not need changed if the swap has alreadly been completed. Did you try to put your stock teg axels in??? :blink: if so and they didnt fit through the hubs--- get new ones off of a 88-91 civic/crx si or dx they will work since the spline is larger and has a different count. Help?? ;)

Back