B18A into EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HBDX94

My friend is giving me his motor out of a 1993 integra LS. Wanted to know what i needed, I know i need 2 tranny mounts .. tha ac mount for less wheel hop ... and to extend some wires to fit tha bigger motor .. but here is where i am stuck. Running on limited cash i wanted to know wut to do with the cable/hydrolic transmission difference. I know there is an adapter but i dont know what it is or what it does or where to get it. Or route 2 is to get tha tranny and clutch in hydrolic but that would cost to much. Just want to know those 3 things (dapter but i dont know what it is or what it does or where to get it.)
Thanks If You Can Help!
Feel Free To IM and Explain if you dont want to post back and forth. (TurboHB94)
-Steve-

what year is your car? if its 92+, it should have a hydraulic tranny and i thought 93 integs were hydro also.

mine is a 94 dx .. yes hydro ... 93 tegs are cable. older body .. new bodies with hydro are 94-01 for tha tegz

yeah i wasnt sure. your probably better off jut buyin a hydro tranny. ive seen cable-to-hydro kits but never a hydro-to-cable kit.

yeah i don't recommend the hydro to cable conversion- basically honda switched to hydro for a reason- that reason being it's a better system overall- no reason to take a step back- plus using a hydro tranny means you can use a GSR trans :)

Originally posted by lsvteccrx@Apr 4 2004, 06:15 AM
yeah i wasnt sure. your probably better off jut buyin a hydro tranny. ive seen cable-to-hydro kits but never a hydro-to-cable kit.

If you weren't sure, then why did you post it? And yes, they have kits that go both ways.

But since the motor is OBD I, and so is you car, it would be a fairly easy swap especially if you could source yourself a hyraulic B series tranny.

it is a fairly easy to do the cable to hydro conversion. I did it in mine for a while. Hasport has the kit it is 250 and that is with the mount. It has instructions and any monkey could do it if they had tools. The hard thing is getting it ajusted right. You will need to adjust it under the clutch pedal. I did it myself and it was fairly ease and very straight forward

Originally posted by HBDX94+-->
HBDX94) said:
Ii know I need 2 tranny mounts

Just buy a hasport (lil more than $300) or place racing mount kit (no clue on $)

Originally posted by HBDX94@
ac mount for less wheel hop

how does this affect wheel hop?

Other than that just source a 94+Integra Tranny RS/LS/GS/GSR/ITR either will work, as you go from RS-ITR it gets more expensive, obviously.

lsvteccrx

what year is your car? if its 92+, it should have a hydraulic tranny and i thought 93 integs were hydro also.

Like 92b16cx said, dont post if you arent sure. As you know Honda/Acura cars are made by Honda, however there systems dont always reflect on each other. Case in point, Honda's = 92+ Hydro Acura's = 94+ Hydro... before 92 (91 and older) Hondas were cable (civic, crx for sure that I know of) Before 94 (93 and older) Acura's were cable (Integra's for sure that I know of). Please dont post "assumptions".

Again, Im not trying to piss anyone off or anything, but seriously.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Apr 4 2004, 12:53 PM
:concur: he's absolutely right with all of that :thumbsup:

Thank you, that makes me feel all tingly inside.

Originally posted by HBDX94+Apr 4 2004, 03:52 PM-->
Originally posted by SpodaB1+Apr 4 2004, 12:36 PM-->
@
ac mount for less wheel hop

SpodaB1

how does this affect wheel hop?

Because it helps stabilized the motor more .. and when you put alot of torqe the engine moves and it makes the car bounce

AC as in Air Conditioner mount?

I would recommend sticking with the hydro tranny, and I would honestly save up for atleast a GSR tranny for the better gearing.

JDMhondaparts sell a lighter version type R AC bracket if weight is a concern, which it always is :)

you can also link up to make your own free "almost besides materials" motor mount inserts to stiff things up also, also consider the z10 radius bar to stiff traction up,

ok... last question for you guys ... i have the wiring harness in my car and for the b18.. does the integra harness wire up with my car? and should i use the b18 axels as well?

Thanks
-Steve-

can u use the 93 integras wiring harness also? so you wont have to use the stock dx harness and extend and wires

Couple questions...

1) What do you do with the ecess/other vacumn lines? Do you transfer all the things from the acura firewall to tha honda or do you just like plug them off?

2) If you doing the change over from hydrolic to cable transmission ... would u use the whole petal brackets from the integra? not to sure about how that works. (any ideas would help)

3) We swap the transmission mouting peice from the teg to the honda correct?

Thanks for any help
-Steve-

Back