B18A1 into 90 EF SI support beam ?, What parts can i use from my donor 91 teg da?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chavezcraz

got bseries?
I have one main question. After looked at my ef's engine bay i noticed that i have a support that isn't there that was on the acura. Pics are below. Do i need this support beam on my EF? I looked for screw holes and found one on the front support but was unable to see anyone on my rack. Let me know what you think.(Pictures at Bottom Of This Post)

Also... I have a full 91 integra da that i pulled the b18 out of as a donor car. What all can i put onto my EF to spice it up a bit. I beleive i can do the back brakes? What all do i need for the brake conversion? resevoir and brake booster? Any insight would be grealy appreciate to get the most out of the scrap car.
More pics of the honda and tegra
Honda Project pictures by chavezcraz - Photobucket
Integra pictures by chavezcraz - Photobucket

Attachments

• tegar.JPG
    tegar.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 2,080
  • honda.JPG
    honda.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 741
Last edited:
correct me if i am wrong, but i am pretty sure there is no need for the brace going long ways. and as for the rear brakes yes you need the rear assemblys and the brake proportioning valve.

Yeah in regards to the brakes i did alot more research last night about them and found that it's an easy swap, and alot of people don't even switch out the prop valve. They stick with the stock one on the EF. Now if this is a good way to do it i don't know, haha. But anymore info on the support would be great. Thanks all.

perfect, thanks.

Anyone have any more info on what other parts i can swap over to help looks/performance? I'm swapping the rear brakes this weekend.

maybe just interior pieces here and there. i wouldnt swap much more over other than that. ef's look good with nice straight clean bodys.

use the 40/40 prop valve if thats what's in the DA, otherwise your brakes will lock up prematurely. Depending on what's in there stock your experience will be either bad or worse. Oh and you will see 4040 20/40 etc. on the valve itself. you can also use a 15/16 brake MC from an EX/4dr for better breaking as well. I tried alot of combination and this works best for me.

you should do a front suspension swap. uca/lca/knuckle/radius arm seeing as you have them, you get bigger brakes and a slightly wider stance, not sure what tie rods to use tho

i have coilovers on the ones now, if i swapped from suspension would i be able to still use the coilovers that are for the 90 si? oh i didn't mention it but i have a 90 civic si hb. sorry bout that! thanks for all the responses!

I believe you can use the civ struts with the coil overs OR, the tegs'

The tegs struts are a little longer though. I have cut teg springs on civ struts on my 90civ 4dr.

E

everything for the da suspension like the uca, lca, knuckles will bolt up. except the arm that runs from the front crossmember to the front lca. that will need to be swapped out. my 4door has all teg suspension and braking system(except for the m/c and booster).

Back