b18b vtec build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hooligan

I want to know what people think how much hp I will make with this b18b/vtec setup. I will have a stock Ls bottom end but everything else new. I drive 80 miles a day so keep in mind I’m also building this motor to last me years and get at least 30 mpg. If you have any ideas on performance parts then I would greatly appreciate the insight. I am probably going to get a lot of my stuff from E.N.D.Y.N.(www.theoldone.com IF you haven’t heard about this place, well then you probably want to take some time and look at their stuff.

-Roller wave Pistons 10.5 to 1 cr (www.theoldone.com) I’m keeping my cr lower so I can run the cheap gas! (I know about detonation)

-ENDYN fully ported and polish head (www.theoldone.com) ( they are the best at a good price, as far as I know)

- probably some cams (Probably ENDYN) just want to make another 10hp if i can, (want to keep my30mpg)

- Skunk2 Manifold probably ( I will cut it open and port and polish it, then reweld it)

- an ignition system , a throttle body( probably around 68mm)

- Short ram air intake( I will box it in to keep the hot engine air away)

- I will get it tuned

- ETC. ( I know there’s a lot of other parts but these are the main performance parts so don’t list all the other parts) Im guessing it will make at least to 170 whp. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
A stock b18b easily makes 150hp and 120tq is less than the stock motor????

Please rethink your answer and go to www.theoldone.com so you can see that your estimate of 150 whp and 120wtq is way low. I would like to explain but just look for yourself so you know.

stock B18C1 makes 150 whp and 120 wtq with a stock intake and exhaust!! and has less cr and the top end does not compare to my fully built top end. Plus i will get it tuned.

My 170whp seems low once you do the math

Last edited:
Back