Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make an airbox for that intake, Yo!!

• Stock steelies = stupid, HX rims = Very Cool

• Who gives a damn, I own a Ford Taurus SVT...Damn import

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

beau_safken

Howdy Guys,

IT'S DONE!!!! After three weeks of waiting for parts, massive snow storm that shut everything down for the week and all around frustration, it is finally done. I'll tell you what...Everyone that has been on this forum for a long time knows I have been posting for a damn long time about this swap so all you need to do is search for my name to get my previous tech filled or shit filled posts. I'll let the pictures talk for themselves.
civic1.jpg

civic2.jpg

civic3.jpg

civic4.jpg

civic5.jpg

civic6.jpg

civic7.jpg

civic8.jpg

Tell me what you guys think. I tell you what...This car really packs a punch and that new clutch was worth the extra couple bucks.. :rolleyes:

I have a muffler almost exactly like that, mine is basically just a straight JR racing canister. lol. not much "muffler" to it at all. Clean swap, same thing im planning on.

Out of curiosity, how much did the whole project cost?

Lets see...The whole swap cost me around 3400 I think...After all the little parts and upgrades. the muffler is a 5Zigen fireball catback and I'm running a LS tranny.

i'm currently suffering through i guess what you went through as well. this is the exact swap I'm trying to accomplish. right now, so seeing how everything fits in those pictures give me a whole lot of hopes. thanks for sharing them.

You should have had the exhuast cut a little to fit right. I know the bumper will get black, but god, must it stick out there? Nice swap, i would have opted for a CAI, but still clean.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 1 2003, 07:36 PM
You should have had the exhuast cut a little to fit right. I know the bumper will get black, but god, must it stick out there? Nice swap, i would have opted for a CAI, but still clean.

I hear ya. I'm thinking I will just have to get used to it a little bit...or fix it later. Right now I am in the get it done finally mode. I'll get it taken care of later.... :rolleyes:

Shes preeeety... a few questions tho.
I read this the other day on civicland.com, is this true?

B18C 94-97 GSR and del sol motor will bolt right in without the use of motor mounts, however I think this is only true for the SI models as they have 4 motor mounts for the d16z, the CX/DX models with the d15b7/8 only have three mounts and will require a aftermarket mount.  

Did everything line up or did you need an aftermarket 4th mount? I ask because a freind of mine is looking into the same thing (ie paying me to do it) on a 92 cx and Id like to think it all lines up.

Dont mean to steal youre thread, Im just curious.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Apr 1 2003, 08:39 PM
you should put the flywheel cover on. mad tiiiigggghhhhhhhttttttttt kid!

Never came with one....I'm looking. :(

Originally posted by heterosapian@Apr 1 2003, 08:40 PM
Shes preeeety... a few questions tho.
I read this the other day on civicland.com, is this true?

B18C 94-97 GSR and del sol motor will bolt right in without the use of motor mounts, however I think this is only true for the SI models as they have 4 motor mounts for the d16z, the CX/DX models with the d15b7/8 only have three mounts and will require a aftermarket mount.  

Did everything line up or did you need an aftermarket 4th mount? I ask because a freind of mine is looking into the same thing (ie paying me to do it) on a 92 cx and Id like to think it all lines up.

Dont mean to steal youre thread, Im just curious.

Well...I had to get all GSR mounts and a new rear mount. Also the mounts didn't line up so we had to drill a hole in the frame and mount it that way. It was off by about an inch on the front tranny mount... Little things like that plagued this build up but in the end...it was worth every damn dollar!!!
:D

I just realized that that piece said the
B18C 94-97 GSR and del sol motor will bolt right in without the use of motor mounts,
HAHA! The power of japanese engineering, so precise it levitates.

I just realized that that piece said the QUOTE
B18C 94-97 GSR and del sol motor will bolt right in without the use of motor mounts,
HAHA! The power of japanese engineering, so precise it levitates.

I read that a couple times and assumed they meant there would be no need for additional mounts. They are somewhat true..Just need different ones..

The 5Zigen fireball catback is VERY quiet. It is about as loud as a stock exhaust but has a little more charactor at idle and sounds very nice at WOT. Trust me...lots of people have fallen prey to my car in the first week I had it driving around...nobody even knows until its too late... :lol:

The damn alternator belt is starting to lash bad....Oh well...Soo much for a flawless build.... :rolleyes:

what all did you have to do with the exhaust? did you have to get a custom cat, or did you use a civic one or a teg one? i am asking cause i am doing this same swap but want to know if i can just get a custom cat back setup, or if i need to get a teg cat.

also do you think i could go with 2.5" piping or should i stick with 2.25"?

Back