B18c5 Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fullgreen

i have a 6 gen civic with a b18c5 i have a 1,000 to get more horsepower

so far i have an apexi power fc, aem fuel rail,pressure reg,cold air,msd sport compact box,
msd blaster coil,msd wires,stage 3 clutch block guard, port and polished and shaved head and full exhaust.

things i know i need a header

i was thinking a intake and throttle body what do yall think thanks

Here is what I would do, Headers and exhaust if you can. OR do exhaust and nitrous. Nitrous is sorta gay, but well you cant beat an easy 50+ hp.

you dont have the itr header with your b18c5? if not, get that, the jdm one. your throttle body is not a type r either? if it is, keep it, i would invest in cams/springs/retainers for that motor. please do not spray that motor with nitrous.

:werd:
If I were in your position, I would buy a complete Skunk2 valvetrain from ALLJDM including their Stage 2 cams. Very nice.

the b18c5 is best for all motor.....let's keep it that way....another .02 worth.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Feb 20 2003, 07:27 PM
Why not spray that motor? There are many people who successfully use n20 on the itr.

mainly because you just paid $4k+ for that engine and with that H/C with cast pistons, your going to break shit real quick.

n2o is for d series, not expensive ass all motor wonders.

keep the throttle body. your post says you have "cold air" which implies you have a CAi.

sell your ITR cams and get skunk2 valvetrain as suggested.

i beg to differ. my bro runs a itr swap in his crx with a 75 shot. hes got full venom fuel system msd and ctr cams. it hauls ass with the juice. simply crazy.nitrous is the best bang for your buck if run properly. it is very safe. people are misled..

But how long has he been running it? I garentee you in 6 months, your brother is going to have to rebuild that engine. With high compression cast pistons, it is not smart to spray.

I agree. I know that in theory well tuned nitrous is supposed to be safe. But in reality, I have to date not seen one person on the bottle not crash thier rings and/or burn a piston. Also, with a milled head on an already high compression engine like a ITR that is an open invite for detonation-particularly if we are talking about a dry system. #1 cylinder won't last long.

Originally posted by fullgreen@Feb 24 2003, 12:01 AM
cool ill look into the skunk2 setup i sold the no2 man i nos o well i dont want to blow it up i blew my old motor up and found a roll over 2000 type-r with 16,000 for 3,000 bame sold cant beat that

wtf does that say?
insert englishmofodouspeakit.gif

I think i can translate

cool ill look into the skunk2 setup i sold the no2 man i nos o well i dont want to blow it up i blew my old motor up and found a roll over 2000 type-r with 16,000 for 3,000 bame sold cant beat that

Cool, I'll look into the skunk2 set up. I sold the no2. O well i dont want to blow it up. I blwe my old motor. I am going type R because i found a 2000 ITR with 16000 miles on it for $3000. Thought it was a good deal and knew it would not last that long so i bought it.

ERROR.
man i nos
is not understood.

Originally posted by Integra1990@Feb 24 2003, 06:42 PM
no2 is nitrite, a polyatomic ion that has a -1 charge and does not exist by itself in nature....haha im into chem

i would of known that last year when i was in chem. That shit was boring so i went to phyics :)

Back