B18c5 Or K20a2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I hate to break it to you, but both are gonna be a pain in the ass. Becuase of your crappy tranny (auto) you will need to convert the car to a 5 speed for the C5, or a 6 speed for the A2...7000.00 project on a 13000.00 car? Sell it if you can, or even trade it in for a 5 speed.

The B18C5 is illegal to drop into an 02 Civic.... So your best bet is to swap in a K20A2... You're much better off trading your car in..

Originally posted by CRXRookie@Apr 3 2003, 03:00 PM
The B18C5 is illegal to drop into an 02 Civic....

Depends on where he lives. But I agree, it's better to just trade it in.

Or you can do a k20 off a civic si. I have a full legit swap off a 2002 si $1,700
that's better than 7,500
if your interested call my cell 848-702-2441
thanks tito

while i'm not positive, i think the mounting points on 2002 civics (besides civic Si) are the same as all OBD2 civics. the motor is a d17a and its mounted exactly like the older d-series motors. a b-series motor is still the easiest and best swap for this car...despite what everyone seems to be saying.

turning a motor around...and going through the hassles of a k-series swap into a civic (at this point in time) is not worth doing. now i know people will insist on doing this anyway...but its just more difficult.

I could be wrong but i heard that you just need an rsx/civic si subframe to mount the K series engine. [/QUOTE]

i can't remember i think it was honda tuning but they had to take the "K" with the subframe connected to it still and drop the car onto it to work it in right and then had to move the radiator more toward the front of the car because the header would have smashed into it if it was launched hard ;)

doing a K20 swap into any civic(except the 02-03 Si) is a pain in the ass. you can find the parts real cheap but labor is gonna bite you in the ass. too much fabrication has to be done to get the K20A2 or 3 to work right in your civic. like AFIPUNK said, approximately $7000 project if you use the K20A3 out of the Si, it'll cost more for the K20A2(RSX type S).

here's a suggestion:
-put the money you were going to spend on that swap toward a CRX Si($3000) and put a 1st-gen B16($1500-2000) in it. Total project +/- $5000 and it'll still be faster than your civic with a K20A3 in it and you'll have 2 cars. :D

i would just wait a couple more years to swap in the k20a2. Right now the $ to HP ratio is not worth it. A turbo would be a better investment. Turbo kits for the D17 are finally coming out and are promising decent numbers even with stock internals and stock fuel system. Those kits would run you at least about $2800.

Originally posted by rsaeini@Apr 18 2003, 03:50 PM
put the money you were going to spend on that swap toward a CRX Si($3000) and put a 1st-gen B16($1500-2000) in it. Total project +/- $5000

Damn, CRX's go for 3000 where you live? I got mine for 500 from a friend...granted, the front is fucked up, but a front SiR changeover will fix that, and a B16A cable costs like 1200 + shipping from hmotorsonline, or hybrid revolution.

I agree though, find a cheap CRX, do a B16A or even a ZC, and you will be out maybe 2500-3500 dollars. Not bad at all.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Apr 19 2003, 08:32 AM

Damn, CRX's go for 3000 where you live?

you can find them for less than $3K but i put that price as a worse case. i was overestimating the price a little.
there is a guy down the street from me that's selling his '90 CRX Si for $4000 OBO. It's got a B16 in it with a bunch of motor mods, wheels, and suspension items.
I was considering offering him like $3000-3200 for it but I don't want a car with a swap in it already cuz you know how people abuse their cars especially after getting a swap.

Where are the damn turbos for a D17!!!??? I have been looking for them since I've got my 2002 lx. I really would like to throw a B16 or K in there but I'm too damn lazy and too low on funds right now. Does anyone know where I can find a Turbo system for my car? or does anyone know anyone who has swapped a motor in this car?

Originally posted by crazylxracer@May 12 2003, 11:03 PM
Where are the damn turbos for a D17!!!??? I have been looking for them since I've got my 2002 lx. I really would like to throw a B16 or K in there but I'm too damn lazy and too low on funds right now. Does anyone know where I can find a Turbo system for my car? or does anyone know anyone who has swapped a motor in this car?

Go to www.7thGenCivic.com

There's a link to another website that sells turbo's for the D17's. They're going for about $2600.

Originally posted by crazylxracer@May 12 2003, 11:03 PM

Also, try TurboDiscounters.com

I could be wrong but i heard that you just need an rsx/civic si subframe to mount the K series engine.

i can't remember i think it was honda tuning but they had to take the "K" with the subframe connected to it still and drop the car onto it to work it in right and then had to move the radiator more toward the front of the car because the header would have smashed into it if it was launched hard ;)
[post=76042]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

what would i need to install the k20a2 into my civic hatch 92, what parts i need, and any other special info on doing the install. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back