b20 in mommy's car no worky

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ok well my mom has a 98 crv. when she doesnt drive it for a few days and then drives it it acts up. what i mean by that is that when you hit the gas it feels slugish like someone needs to hit the overdrive button(its an auto) on the hiway wen i go to pass it just doesnt go anywhere and kinda stuters. i was thinkin it might have been diry fuel suply so we put in that cleaner and now change and the last few shes gone to work its stalled on her. even tho the car hasnt been sittin.

now she talked the macanic that does the work on her jobs work trucks and he too owns a crv and said something about them (98 crvs) having major engine problems. any one know anything bout this? true/false any help is apricated

I haven't heard of anything, but I don't actively keep up with that stuff. Check google for any recalls, or jst yank the motor out and send me the block, i'll send you a nice shiny B16A2 replacement block :)

That mechanic is a moron. sounds like the car just needs a tune up.

Look into changing the spark plugs and wires, dizzy cap and rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil and oil filter, and a new o2 sensors. This should help the car out some.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 15 2005, 10:48 AM
I haven't heard of anything, but I don't actively keep up with that stuff. Check google for any recalls, or jst yank the motor out and send me the block, i'll send you a nice shiny B16A2 replacement block :)
[post=512463]Quoted post[/post]​

ha the funny thing is when she was like it might be the motor i was like well if you need a new one i get the old one and shes like why and all i said was turbo. i have a 90 teg that has over 250k mi on it and its needs a new motor and some pep

but thats the weird thing all that has been done just a few months ago. and at first it would only happen when it wasnt driven for a fews days. and now its doing it all the time, up hills down hills round turns. i think its a b20b4 maybe? i dunno if any one knows any thing let me know.

Did the CEL ever came on? or on for a while and went away?

You said that it just had a tune up, were was it done? Make sure you got the right parts for the car, sometimes they mess up and give you similar but wrong parts.

This problem sounds like an ignition problem. Check sparkplugs and plug gap, sparkplug wires and connection, dizzy cap and rotor, and the spring from the ignition coil to the dizzy cap.

Hope this helps.

Might be a burned fuel pump??? car sits for a little while and fuel foes bad.
Thats what i would check.

ya boy steveo

clogged cat?

drop the cat-back, drive around open header, and see if it does the same shit. it will probably throw a code for the seconday o2, but it shouldn't effect the way the car drives.

I agree with everyone else, give it a tune up, and a new cat. It is probably time for that matainance anyways.

yeah wen my mom was telling me about the prob she said it had a check up of all that stuff but hwat she ment was it got its oil changed so thats what there checking out now.

Might be a burned fuel pump??? car sits for a little while and fuel foes bad.
isnt that what the fuel filter would is for

Stop driving your mommy's car.. lol.

Cat sounds like a good idea, I was just posting to flame the fact that you drive your mommy's car.

maby water in spark plug holes if they were cheep tune up parts not oem parts. also check to make sure there is no moisture in the dizzy some people dont replace the seal and causes problems

Back