B20vtec owners, post your 1/4time and set-ups.

CRAZYEG9

Senior Member
B20vtec owners I'd like for you to post your 1/4 and set-ups. That involves your tranny too

Okay please do as the title says although to be honest I'd preferr the more stock B20vtecs post there times. Stock meaning stock bottem end the most rod bolts and for the head-the most type R cams(or if you have the full R head-it's still oem) and skunk2 manifold. Please leave as much info as possible. Like your tranny what RPM you take it too. Your WHP & TQ, tires, and chasis. Built B20vtec members you can post too but I'm looking more for the Non-built. Non vtec guys your included too if you want cause I'm still non-vtec, but never been to the track so I'm curious. Thankyou
 

Scorchin Civic

Senior Member
Well, I don't have a V-Tec head but I have a B20B with a 99 Si tranny in my 1992 Civic VX Hatchback. I only have taken it out to the 1/8 mile track and the best time I have gotten was a 9.32
 

CRAZYEG9

Senior Member
Originally posted by Scorchin Civic@May 19 2005, 07:59 AM
Well, I don't have a V-Tec head but I have a B20B with a 99 Si tranny in my 1992 Civic VX Hatchback. I only have taken it out to the 1/8 mile track and the best time I have gotten was a 9.32
[post=501218]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't forget about me when you actually run the 1/4, cause I'm very curious. Put me on.
 

formby

learning in progress
well i have an lsv bored.020 over with a b16 tranny in a rex 1/4 14.2 with 2.1 60' @98mph..and it was my 2nd time at the track....its not a b20 but gives you some comparison......
 

starboy869

Senior Member
B20 bottem end from a CRV and a Vtec head ie. b16a2

Basicly the same setup as a LS/Vtec

Does anyone have stock HP/lbs ft dyno results of a b20vtec?
 

CRAZYEG9

Senior Member
Originally posted by starboy869@May 20 2005, 12:40 AM
B20 bottem end from a CRV and a Vtec head ie. b16a2

Basicly the same setup as a LS/Vtec

Does anyone have stock HP/lbs ft dyno results of a b20vtec?
[post=501545]Quoted post[/post]​

Well from what I see some are between 160-180 Whp depending on the tuner type of B20 block B/Z but I think that gap has more to do with tunning. The main reason I'm asking the question is because I hear these numbers but nobody likes to be specific. They just say stock B20vtec 171 whp. I also want to know the 1/4 miles these motors pull with stock internals and some tunning.
 

Battle Pope

New Member
What a stupid comparison. quarter mile time is going to be completely dependent on the driver, which obviously is going to vary from car to car/engine to engine. I could have a built to the nuts '68 camaro SS396 and still run 19 seconds if I'm a fucking tool.
 

CRAZYEG9

Senior Member
Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 22 2005, 03:48 PM
What a stupid comparison. quarter mile time is going to be completely dependent on the driver, which obviously is going to vary from car to car/engine to engine. I could have a built to the nuts '68 camaro SS396 and still run 19 seconds if I'm a fucking tool.
[post=502277]Quoted post[/post]​

Well actually I was looking for and Idea and your Scenerio about the '68 camaro is outrageous, You'd have to be 1 dumb Motha F*cka to make an 11 or 12 second car do a 19, and if someone was that dumb I would be able to tell by the post they make which would make me not listen to them anyway. Also I did not say what would I do in the 1/4 mile with a B20vtec, I asked what others have done which was a straight foward question that can easily be answered with a time sheet. Also Whp can be answered with a Dyno sheet. Also people that can't drive or had traction problems usually wouldn't post there ET unless they stated exactly what happened. Nobody wants to make there car look slow on these forums, and if they want to lie, I'll say it again the individuals that are like that are usually obvious by what they say in there post.
 

Battle Pope

New Member
That much is true, but still. Look at your topic. All you're asking for is setups and 1/4 mile times.

And it's not outrageous, I've seen it happen. There's a '68 SS396 here locally with 15 grand under the hood who can't even run sub-10s in the eighth.
 

j954drgsr

Member
not too long ago i posted my 1/4 mile time in general tech and maintnance but i left alot of parts out so here is the simple beast set up.
4 dr gsr
b20z bottom end(bone stock)
95 gsr head every thing stock except cam shaft
95 gsr tranny
skunk 2 in. manifold(if i still have the gsr aem v2, i would junk the s2 manifold)suc
earlier type r camshaft(vtec sounds louder but doubt it made more hp)
aem cam gears(in.+2,ex.-6)
light crank pulley
type r injen cia(should of bought the ls aem v2 for the s2 manifold)just my opinon
dc 4-1
greddy sp2 exhaust
b&m fpr
hondata tune
15 inch mickey thompson slick
13.903@99.43 and 13.9 consistantly
w/o slicks 14.2@98 somthing
killed-240 sx turbo,golf gti,gm v8 supra,gsr swap civic hatch, jdm h22 91 prelude, and more
4dr gsr(5,000$),b20z long block(1,000$)conversion kit plus conversion labor(200$)
intake(215$)header(275$)exhaust(500$)aem camgears,type r camshaft(100$)fpr(60$)hondata unit(245$)hondata tune(240$)crank pulley(free)s2manifold(free for installing a freinds clutch)slicks(borrowed freinds) and the rest of the other labor i did my self. hope this get you going the b20 vtec route. oh yeah the reliable part, i beat on the motor just like any other street racer maybe even worst and still running like day one for over a year now.
 

H22 Fan

Member
i heard the b20vtec aren't that reliable at all
you can't use them as a daily driver
and i thought the lsvtec wasn't realiable
 

nismogod

Senior Member
that thing can't be accurate.

doesn't include tire size, gearing, power band, traction, driver, track, external conditions, etc.
 

5speed4life

Senior Member
Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 9 2005, 04:50 PM
that thing can't be accurate.

doesn't include tire size, gearing, power band, traction, driver, track, external conditions, etc.
[post=510344]Quoted post[/post]​

Its simple yet effective...
I plugged in FJT's WHP numbers from D-series.org,
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21669
and his 1/4 mile times along with his weight, are shown in this thread... http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21881

To sum it up, he has 266whp, and car weighs 2600lb. He ran a 12.44.
The 1/4 mile ET calculator estimated a 12.454505826295314

Id say thats good enough for guestamating.
 

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Originally posted by 5speed4life+Jun 9 2005, 10:59 PM-->
@Jun 9 2005, 04:50 PM
that thing can't be accurate.

doesn't include tire size, gearing, power band, traction, driver, track, external conditions, etc.
[post=510344]Quoted post[/post]​

Its simple yet effective...
I plugged in FJT's WHP numbers from D-series.org,
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21669
and his 1/4 mile times along with his weight, are shown in this thread... http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21881

To sum it up, he has 266whp, and car weighs 2600lb. He ran a 12.44.
The 1/4 mile ET calculator estimated a 12.454505826295314

Id say thats good enough for guestamating.
[post=510346]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, Nismo is absolutely correct, you have to figure all those factors in. According to that, I should running a 13.68, which IS possible for 158whp in a 2050lb car, but my tires said otherwise.
 

5speed4life

Senior Member
Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 10 2005, 02:42 AM-->
Originally posted by 5speed4life@Jun 9 2005, 10:59 PM
nismogod
@Jun 9 2005, 04:50 PM
that thing can't be accurate.

doesn't include tire size, gearing, power band, traction, driver, track, external conditions, etc.
[post=510344]Quoted post[/post]​

Its simple yet effective...
I plugged in FJT's WHP numbers from D-series.org,
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21669
and his 1/4 mile times along with his weight, are shown in this thread... http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21881

To sum it up, he has 266whp, and car weighs 2600lb. He ran a 12.44.
The 1/4 mile ET calculator estimated a 12.454505826295314

Id say thats good enough for guestamating.
[post=510346]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, Nismo is absolutely correct, you have to figure all those factors in. According to that, I should running a 13.68, which IS possible for 158whp in a 2050lb car, but my tires said otherwise.
[post=510547]Quoted post[/post]​


Yeah, i never said it was 100% accurate, but its close enough to guess.
 
Top