B20Z w B18C Motor Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hit-mo

B20Z Block w B18C Head Help!

Hi all,

Im new to this forum, just wanted some advice on a car i may be buying. Its a JDM ITR DC2 with a B20Z block and B18C head (JDM ITR). It has the following mods:

Head:

Skunk2 Pro 2 Cams
Skunk2 Tuner Series Cam gears
Skunk2 Pro Valves / valve springs / retainers

Block:
Golden Eagle Block Guard
Balanced Pistons, Rods, Crank (oem b20z)
B18C Girdle
Thicker Head Gasket
ITR Oil Pump

Gearbox:
Stock ITR S80 box
Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
Balanced Flywheel (oem b18c)

The build up can be seen here: Untitled Document

It also has a Skunk Pro Intake manifold. With the stock exhaust manifold and intake mapped on CHROME management it made 220bhp at the fly (153.5whp) and 142lbf.ft torque. VTEC engages at 5900rpm and tops out at 8600rpm.

Before I buy it, I just wanted to know if it was safe to run the engine at such high rpm with the bottom end as it is, or will I need to uprgade the pistons, rod or even sleeve the block? Also what should be the absolute highest rpm I should run it at with the current set up? And what sort of power should I expect to run with a good exhaust system (inc. manifold) and intake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Last edited:
redline for b20z is 6800 max, you can run higher but it will wear out. at the very least shot peen the rods for more strength but aftermarket rods and pistons are best for b20/vtec setups.

Back