Bad brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Instead of bleeding them like that. Try it the way I do it

1. Take a hose, put it on the bleeder screw.

2. Insert hose from bleeder screw and put it in a cup of brake fluid.
-Make sure it's facing the ground.
-Make sure it's submerged like an inch.

3. Open bleeder valve.

4. Pump brakes until you see no air in the tube or until you're satisfied.

Move on to the next caliper and repeat.

----------------------------------------------------------

You only have to open and close the valve once, when it's submerged no air will be sucked back in, only brake fluid. When you do close it no air will be trapped either because BF will still be in the tube and any suction will just suck up some fluid. This has always worked for me and is a one person job. Or you can get a one-way speed bleeder valve and make it even easier.

On the porsche, it took so long to get all the air bubbles out I just made a contraption with a vacuum...it actually worked well and took like 2 minutes a caliper if that.

That's not a bad idea, ill try that, but it'll have to be after i get the car runnin!

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jun 24 2005, 11:44 AM
For the CRX, the bleeding order is:
Left Front, Right Rear, Right Front, Left Rear
(Straight from the Helms)
[post=516047]Quoted post[/post]​

my crx helms says almost the opposite of that.

right rear, left front, left rear, right front

I did the bleeding the way gsrcrxsi said to and it still has not helped much, this is really pissing me off and i dont want to take this into a shop.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jun 24 2005, 09:15 PM
my crx helms says almost the opposite of that.

right rear, left front, left rear, right front
[post=516151]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the proper bleeding order for ALL CRX/Civic/DelSols from 88-95

84-87 CIvic/CRXs are front left, rear right, front right rear left.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Jun 27 2005, 04:50 PM
OOps, I'm sorry, my info came from the Honda published Shop manual, not the helms.
[post=516897]Quoted post[/post]​

Helms publishs the Honda shop manual, I have four of them, and Chiltons, and Haynes, they all says the same thing.

The brakes still suck, the only thing left I can think of is the front calipers, I think I'm just gonna go with the fastbrakes kit $550 w/ 11" rotors, and it says it will clear my blades :D Comes with everything, drilled/slotted rotors, remanu integra calipers, axxis pads, stainless brake lines, everything i need!

Back