Best ECU for a JDM H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
im trying to look for the best ecu i can for my h22. i had a " bootleg" version of a chipped p13 and it ran like shit. what about possibly a p72 or a p28?? would i be able to run one of those?? not like i have anything against the p13 but things like not having a knock senosr, and my vss not working will effect performance. what i really wanna do is go 2 a stock p13 and get a VAFC but i dont think you can disable things such as knock sensors and vss's on a VAFC right????

there is no need for a P13 AND a vafc unless you have motor work done...

p72 and p28 will both need to be chipped to get the proper fuel and timing maps...

your best bet is to wire your knock sensor, replace the VSS, and get a good unmolested stock P13...

and can i ask why you have no knock sensor and your VSS doesn't work?

p72 is your best bet.

p13's suck to be chipped.

p72's still have iab control.

chip the p72 to accept a rom chip.
then pm me for a chip to run the h22 w/o kock and all the other crap.

but if your vss isn't working, there's nothing anything can do to help you. thats a much needed sensor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 8 2005, 02:29 PM
p72 is your best bet.

p13's suck to be chipped.

p72's still have iab control.

chip the p72 to accept a rom chip.
then pm me for a chip to run the h22 w/o kock and all the other crap.

but if your vss isn't working, there's nothing anything can do to help you.  thats a much needed sensor.
[post=551495]Quoted post[/post]​

heres the scoop.......before my H22 swap, i had gotten my tranny and clutch replaced. 2 months later, my spedo had stop working. i replaced the bezel with a junkyard special but to no avail. at this point i had no clue what it was and come to find out when i went back to the place i had gotten the tranny/clutch done, the place went out of business.

when i did my h22 swap, the guy that did it 4 me told me the vss was completely broken and one of the wires had came loose. i replaced the VSS but still nothing. he then told me that theres another sensor inside the bezel that could be causing the problem but i have yet to investigate that since he told me. the guy also told me the knock sensor was broken but i didnt need it anyway so i just left it at that.

i wound up buying some BULLSHIT fake p13 that was really a p06 converted to a p28 with fuel maps for an h22 from this scumbag on ebay JDMDOHCPOWER that claimed it was a p13, and it made my car run like shit. the only good thing about that chip was that everything was disabled ( KS, VSS, MINIMUM VTEC SPEED SENSOR, ETC) which helped me out cuz half my F#@%ing car is disabled!!

at this point..i would love to just throw a new VSS and a knock sensor and go with a stock p13 but for now if i can just eliminate that so i can hit VTEC then id rather do that until i find out whats going on.

PISSEDOFFSOL- if you could burn me a chip for that'd be awesome. im going to probably pick up a p72 soon. drop me a price and ill get back 2 u. thanks

yea B, my old ebay chip allowed me to have VTEC full time without the need of going ~11mph.
I could rev up at a stop and VTEC would turn on, whether or not my recently breaking VSS felt like working or not.
I drove thru some water, and my VSS is being selective now :(
BTW: PissedoffSol's chip are teh r0x0r... i have 2 more local customers lined up for removal of their ebay chips. :)

~~~update~~~

so i decided to try to diagnosis my fauty VSS off of my 92 accord so see why my bezel isnt registering a speed. my boy has a 90 accord so i tried to match the volt reading and colors up with his....althought it didnt really work out in my favor.

the setup on the 90 is pretty much the same as the 92 but the colors are completely different and the reading i got off of his was completely different from the reading i got on mine.

**The 3 wires on his VSS were black, yellow, and red. and his wires read: 12.0 volts, 5.0 volts, and the black wire was a ground.( -12.0 volts)

** The 3 wires on my accord (92) were green, yellow, and white but my readings were 5.0 volts, a ground that readnegative 12.0 volts and another ground that read the same(black wire)

so basically my car seems to have 2 grounds and a wire that reads 5.0 volts which deffintely dosent sound right but because his was a 90 and my is a 92, i cant really go by his reading. does anyone kno off hand what the vss should be reading or why mine mught not be working??....bought new VSS and new BEZEL but still not working. :shrug2: :shrug2: :shrug2:

I'm drunk......

I'd like to help but I can't think. You have a 92?

What works and what doesn't? Your speedometer does not work? I'll try to help tomorrow during sobriety......

Originally posted by tab@Sep 10 2005, 05:23 AM
I'm drunk......

I'd like to help but I can't think. You have a 92?

What works and what doesn't? Your speedometer does not work? I'll try to help tomorrow during sobriety......
[post=552251]Quoted post[/post]​

cool man...thanks alot. i appreciate it

my spedo dosent work, my VSS was rewired because i had to extend the wires to reach but everything was matched up exactly by color and it still dosent work.

You might have some wiring problem, like feed wire is touching the ground or something. Try and follow the wires to the ecu, or do a continuity check. B)

Back