best engine for 91 Integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bollocks82

what would be the best engine to swap in to a 91 Integra with out A/C then with A/C? also plan on turboing it.

just all out power? what kinda hp or 1/4 mile ets are you trying to get to? is this going to be a daily driver or a track/dyno whore.

gsr, ls vtec, b20 vtec. gsr having the least amount of torque b20 vtec having the most

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i think LS/VTEC would be the most cost-effective build. Doesn't he already have the short block? If so, it's more of a head swap - way cheaper than a full engine.

with A/C is going to be tough to turbo. Clearances between AC condenser and turbocharger will be pretty damn close not to mention the compressor itself. I know i saw some kits they sell retain the AC, but if you are gonna go custom, many manifolds dont allow you to retain the AC

i dont remember saying that......where in this thread did i mention an h22?

what type of integra do you have LS or what? if its LS then just do the Ls Vtec build on it, you already have the bottom end and will just need to do a head swap (b16 is the most common head used) and do all the vtec mods on it, but GE makes a kit (as im sure you know, everyone refers them) thats the completle package you need to run Vtec, then buy the solenoid and that shit and an oil and water pump from a vtec motor, and if you want any of that to be worth a damn, rebuild your bottom end... but its the best bang for your buck.. in my opinion.

what type of integra do you have LS or what? if its LS then just do the Ls Vtec build on it, you already have the bottom end and will just need to do a head swap (b16 is the most common head used) and do all the vtec mods on it, but GE makes a kit (as im sure you know, everyone refers them) thats the completle package you need to run Vtec, then buy the solenoid and that shit and an oil and water pump from a vtec motor, and if you want any of that to be worth a damn, rebuild your bottom end... but its the best bang for your buck.. in my opinion.
You can get alot of other kits besides GE.GE is just an expensive version of other kits.Your pretty much paying extra for the name.Your also going to want some aftermarket rod bolts,the LS ones will suck and if you want the motor to last then buy some.As for the water pump and oil pump,you DO NOT have to buy a VTEC one.ALL obd2 dohc water and oil pumps are the same.VTEC or not they all have the same part numbers.This goes the same for the head gasket.You can use a LS,GSR,B20,Type-R,Si,doesnt matter,all the same.Also your probably going to want to get a different tranny.Your options are pretty limited since you have a cable tranny car but your best bet will be to get a cable b16 tranny or a b17 if you can find one.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think that you can use any head gasket. It has been a while since I built mine, but I remember having to use either VTEC or non-VTEC (can't remember) and the other would not work.

I am not 100% sure, but I don't think that you can use any head gasket. It has been a while since I built mine, but I remember having to use either VTEC or non-VTEC (can't remember) and the other would not work.
I didnt say any head gasket,it has to be a dohc obd2

I was told this by a guy who has built many LS/B20 VTEC motors: I wouldn't use a GE Kit, because it comes with a modified Vtec headgasket....just grab an OEM LS headgasket from the dealer, and buy a vtec oil line off ebay for about $50 it comes with all the fittings, steel braided line, and the plug to plug up the vtec hole in the head. Also i'll say this one more time "ALL 97-UP B-SERIES OIL PUMPS ARE THE SAME," they have the exact same part numbers so don't spend money on a oil pump, and if you decide to use a vtec waterpump, then you'll need a vtec timing belt cuz the vtec waterpump has 22 teeth, and a nonvtec water pump has 19 teeth. As far as a head goes, if you'r going all motor, use a GSR head cuz it will have a slightly higher compression ratio compared to a P30 b16 head. For a tranny, i'd use a GSR tranny, that way you have short gears, but not too short like a b16 tranny

Back