Best Motor For High Rpm's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SupaMuna

Whats the best motor for a high rpm/turbo engine build? and is there a place to buy spoon inthernals or get ehm imported?

plenty of places sell spoon. jdmhondaparts.com

a high rpm/boost motor doesn't really come in any single engine. You have to build it yourself. and it depends what you mean by high rpm, do you want the thing to rev to 10k with boost?

given the same relative internals, a motor with a shorter stroke can be pushed harder (revved higher)

i don't know, when someone says they want to rev to 11k, i say "if you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be building it". not really sure if this is one of those cases, but maybe.

Why would you want an engine that revs that high anyway? Just curious. If you really want something crazy, have some honda mechanic install the CBR1100XX motor to your car.. WOLLA, you have a motor that puts down 120hp or so and rev to 14k.. :lol: on the serious, not if you wanted high revs, ditch the turbo and go all motor.. imo..

building an engine that will reliably rev to 11k is probly gunna cost you close to $11k
now you want to add a turbo on top of that ...... throw in at least another $10-20k

why would you want to rev a boosted engine that high in the first place????
high RPMs cause a large amount of stress on engine components
boost causes a large amount of stress on engine components

now you want to add the two of them together??????
i hope you plan to rebuild that engine every week or two

reving to 11K is useless if you dont make power there. <_<

Rather then focusing to rev to a certain RPM try to make good solid reliable power in the range of RPM you have. You could probably push the B16a, b16b, or b18c engines to 9K, but remember the energy involved in the rotating parts of your engine does NOT increase linearly with RPM.

In other words the strain on your engine parts a 8000 RPM is not double what it is at 4000 RPM. I'm not saying that you cant make an engine rev to 11K, but its NOT worth it.

If your going to turbo an engine and take the time to tune it properly then you will probably have more power then you know what to do with, especially if the fastest car you've ever driven is a civic si. ;)

Originally posted by SupaMuna@Apr 8 2003, 12:52 PM
I was tinking 11k if posible

high rpm + turbo is dumb.

here's why:
turbo craves high lift, near stock duration cam profile. in order to still make power at 11k, you need SICK cam duration, which leads to overlap.

in other words, you are going to be slow, even if you can rev to 11k. its pointless

hmm
well ive seen this vedio of this guy with a spoon civic turbo charged beatin a dodge viper... so i thought highier rpms + turbo= high end hp and speed givin th right tuning...
so, is there any honda engines stock that rev high and can candle a turbo

yeah cause i'm sure you could drive a car thats faster than a viper.

just stick with mini me swaps.

haha yea have fun throwing together a spoon/turbo.

Step 1.) Sell all unnecessary organs and send money to spoon.
Step 2.) Sell car. Send money to spoon.
Step 3.) Rob Bank. Send proceeds to Spoon
Step 4.) Wait for your Spoon motor to come in the mail.

OH MY GOD :eek: first off spoon and turbo does not mix <_< next you want to rev to 11000rpm <_< why? you would have to run some wild special made cams that would make power up to 11Gs. plus all the dyno time just to tune almost worthless just so you can say you rev to 11000rpm...what you can do is get a b16a or b18c_ (not a ls/vtec or b20/vtec) some :worthy: jun type3 or skunk2 type 3 and rev to around 9500-10,000Gs rpm. get some kind of chiped ecu or v-afc and tune then you will see that power is made all the way up to 9500-10000.if you dont understand anything iam saying just get a apex vafc reset your rev limit to 11000 grand and rev that high and let me know what happens :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hahahaa :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

"hey what I lost, but my car revs to 11,000 RPM?"

"I must have been granny shifting and not double clutching like I should, damn" :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by SupaMuna@Apr 9 2003, 12:51 PM
hmm
well ive seen this vedio of this guy with a spoon civic turbo charged beatin a dodge viper... so i thought highier rpms + turbo= high end hp and speed givin th right tuning...
so, is there any honda engines stock that rev high and can candle a turbo

ok let me get this right....
you saw a video of a car that was SAID to be a turbo charged spoon civic
you probly down loaded it off Kazaa, right?

(we all know how acurate the titles of shit is on Kazaa are)

and now you want to base your project on a title of a video you got off of kazaa (or some other download site)

:lol:

:bash:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 9 2003, 11:39 PM
ok let me get this right....
you saw a video of a car that was SAID to be a turbo charged spoon civic
you probly down loaded it off Kazaa, right?

There was the video in the "anything goes"forum of the boosted civic and the viper,nothing about spoon though.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 9 2003, 01:19 PM

I hear you can get like 200,000 for a testicle. If it's true I'm doin it on my 18th birthday. Buy myself a damn motor already. I'm definately sellin a liver or a sumthin, I dunno, there's somethin else extra I have.

Originally posted by TRuggiero_+Apr 9 2003, 08:24 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Apr 9 2003, 01:19 PM

I hear you can get like 200,000 for a testicle. If it's true I'm doin it on my 18th birthday. Buy myself a damn motor already. I'm definately sellin a liver or a sumthin, I dunno, there's somethin else extra I have.

you sell your liver and let me know how it goes :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you mean kidney

Back