Best Sounding Blow Off Valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

In your opinion what is the best sounding blow off valve.I want it loud ,I have to order one so input is going to be helpful.

I personally like the Greddy Type-S BoV. I had it on my 240sx before. I've heard HKS's old and new SSQV BoVs, and others but I just liked the Type-S the most.

turbo XS makes one called lik the "supersonic" lik one of the loudest bov's lookin into that...

Originally posted by colorpros@Jan 23 2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks man.I didn't even think of xs my boy sells them at his shop.Don't they look like a freakin air horn?

Isn't that a good thing? :)

Originally posted by colorpros@Jan 23 2003, 06:51 PM
Thanks man.I didn't even think of xs my boy sells them at his shop.Don't they look like a freakin air horn?

haha yea, i thought they looked lik a trumpet, but they gotta be loud as fuck

Originally posted by S13Less@Jan 23 2003, 06:29 PM
I personally like the Greddy Type-S BoV. I had it on my 240sx before. I've heard HKS's old and new SSQV BoVs, and others but I just liked the Type-S the most.

werd greddy type s is badass

not sure if you guys know this but in most cases the louder the BOV the harder it is on your turbo
for some reason people buy them for sound and could care less about how well they work

I myself am not a cool dude I run a HKS BOV thats not very loud at all yet it does a VERY good job of getting the air out and thats all I care about

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 24 2003, 02:58 AM
not sure if you guys know this but in most cases the louder the BOV the harder it is on your turbo
for some reason people buy them for sound and could care less about how well they work

I myself am not a cool dude I run a HKS BOV thats not very loud at all yet it does a VERY good job of getting the air out and thats all I care about

:withstupid: Everyone talks about banning rice but it seems to me like worrying about how a BOV sounds instead of how it works is rice. If its super loud its just gonna bring attention, not exactly like, but same concept as buying a F&F wing and isnt it....

I agree! But if he really wants a loud BOV TurboXS makes the RFL BOV! RFL stands for really fuckin loud! But the Greddy type-S is the shit.

greddy type R is the shit :) and blitz DD is the TP used to wipe up the shit :)

This car is advertisment for my body shop and my buddys import shop.I want it to get all the attention it can get.Thats why I want a loud BOV.I could care less about what people might call Rice.If I wanted i could buy any car I wanted there is no budget.Know what Im sayin.So when people like you laugh because I have a loud BOV youll be doing it while I BLOW your freakin doors off.And If I dont outrun you this week i will be back the next w/something better.If you want to take it to that level.

that works for me! if you ever get tired of your hatch i'll trade you mine and then you can have a fresh hatch to work with. :D

i really like the hks bov :D

try making sounds with your mouth if you hold your lips close together and push air out it will be louder VS having an open mouth and pushing air out all you get is well not much at all

Colorpros: So when people like you laugh because I have a loud BOV youll be doing it while I BLOW your freakin doors off... try me =)

Any time kid.My qtr trap speeds are probobly more than youve done on a top speed run on the freeway.Until you hit 7's in the qtr and 180 plus mph dont even talk to me.Please.Ever herd of NMCA fastest street car shotout?Went 7.80s in a street legal car.Go back to the playground and play w/all the other kids.Okay?

Colorpros:Any time kid.My qtr trap speeds are probobly more than youve done on a top speed run on the freeway.Until you hit 7's in the qtr and 180 plus mph:

what does that have to do with your honda? if you want to play that game I use to work for Ken Keir Race Cars but then again that has nothing to do with hondas so Im not even going to go there

so back the the ITR thats what Im talking about you started the trash talking about blowing my doors off I only said people who buy BOVs for sound is for the most part a ricer since it does nothing but hurt your turbo

p.s when you get your street legal honda running 7s at 180+ let me know I would love to fly out there just to see that in person

Want a loud blowoff valve? Just buy the rice kit from JC Whitney that makes the psssht sound at a certain rpm. No turbo kit needed.
LMAO

Back