Black Friday deals 2021

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
What's good this year? looks like many places started sales early due to supply chain/chip shortages/etc.

I'm looking for a new cheap laptop. Anyone see anything good?

win 11, 16gb, ssd is really my only requirement. cheaper the better.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
not looking to spend a grand. 350-450 would be spot on for what i'm looking for.

i've been using a chromebook for 90% of what i do, and now its just so old that it stopped getting updates and chrome browser doesn't load some sites anymore lol

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
you could get a newer chromebook, we stay far far away from those things!

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
I'll keep a lookout. I usually am following on Slickdeals.com for that stuff. Found my laptop there 6 years ago for like $450 from Microsoft. 13" dell I7 w/512gb ssd and 8gb ram. Still screams.

I'm looking for a pixel 6 deal and maybe some other small things. We'll see if that happens.

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
I'm wanting a dash cam. I deliver in my spare time for Walmart (groceries mostly) and I can't count how many times people try to hit me in my car.

As far as a computer, I know Walmart has some on sale this week. Have you tried there, B?

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
I'm wanting a dash cam. I deliver in my spare time for Walmart (groceries mostly) and I can't count how many times people try to hit me in my car.

As far as a computer, I know Walmart has some on sale this week. Have you tried there, B?

I have a ghost x drift dash cam you may want to check it out. Works great as a regular cam but also has an on/off dash cam mode. Needs a class 10 sd card.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
probably.

all the 16gb machines are much more expensive.

I don't game.
i don't auto cad
i haven't recorded a lick of music in 7 years, and if i do, my hardware is so obsolete that it will work on 2gb machines.

i need ftp/visual studio code, ssh, open/libre office, and a browser for 99.9% of what i do.

B16

Super Moderator
VIP
probably.

all the 16gb machines are much more expensive.

I don't game.
i don't auto cad
i haven't recorded a lick of music in 7 years, and if i do, my hardware is so obsolete that it will work on 2gb machines.

i need ftp/visual studio code, ssh, open/libre office, and a browser for 99.9% of what i do.
if that is all you do and you want an 8gb machine; ditch windows and throw ubuntu on that laptop.

BigJ

VIP
Here's a throwback for ya B.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
wow, my first pc as a kid was a gateway 2000 in like 1994. i think my dad paid like 3 grand for it in 1990s money. lol

rettetalk

It seems like it's not just me who's adding a lot of stuff on my online cart right now. Anyway, make sure you have turkey for Thanksgiving before the Black Friday sale.

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
FB_IMG_1637948602287.jpg

BigJ

VIP
Didn't buy anything myself. Lots of big unexpected expenses lately and still have Xmas things coming up. Wife went to Fred Meyers and got a couple small things for other people.

I heard it was busy out there and sure enough a shooting at the local mall. (We don't go to malls)