blazing d/l

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
I couldn't believe my eyes.

holy crap. was that just once or is that consistant and frequent?

ive only seen up to like 300-400 at school with a T3.

Holy shit, :( I get excited when I hit 240 kb/sec

ive gotten that before! it eventually dropped and sustained around 1200kbs (from mid 2000kbs)and then finished(this was during a fresh windows reinstall). i had the pic but i dont know where it is now(system restore). my regular dl speeds are around 400-600 normal. Road Runner connection(only two people including me have cable internet).

ok i just realized my pic that i had is on a fried HD; ill take another pic if it happens again.

here's where my connection usually holds:
sustained.JPG

btw; which isp do you have?

WooWooo Fedora Core 4 :) Good stuff.

B. this was from my comcast cable as well, from some sourceforge site, that was a sustained transfer. I cleard my cache etc. and tried it again, I was impressed.

and no it wasn't fedora it was felyx and I am using win xp pro

comcast is the shit. too bad im in an overly crowded area and it kills speeds.

At 3-4 AM on a weekday I can DL shit at 600 or so

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 29 2005, 10:48 PM
[post=518251]Quoted post[/post]​

I was refering to K2e2vins post :)

sustained.JPG

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 29 2005, 04:48 PM
[post=518251]Quoted post[/post]​

You'll convert soon ;)

I've tried various flavors of linux, including fedora, they are easy to install ,get up and running etc. the only issue I have is the only cad package I know of that is ported to linux is PRO/E which is $$$$$$$ and I need cad package

and when you d/l and install some tpe of program cd burning etc. it installs etc and makes directories atc... but doesn't make liek a similar shortcut from teh desktop or some kind of menu. Don't know if that is explained clear enough.

Also unless I'm using an LVM or Raid, I can't really set up multiple drives like C: D: E: in windows. well unless I just haven't figured out how to yet.

if it did these things seemlessly I'd be using linux today as a primary system.

So for the time being I'm installing a novell netware server here at home since I've been using it for 10 years now and it works great as a server. it even runs X

fastest ive seen is 200kbps and thats for a fraction of a second. usually its 160-170. its normal right, for a 1.5mb/s dl DSL. its the cheapest, around 26 per month, but now its like 15 and im trying ot get into the deal.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jun 30 2005, 04:56 AM
and when you d/l and install some tpe of program cd burning etc. it installs etc and makes directories atc... but doesn't make liek a similar shortcut from teh desktop or some kind of menu. Don't know if that is explained clear enough.

[post=518410]Quoted post[/post]​

Right click on desktop > create new > link to application

As far as the AutoCad there's a few replacment, though spending time getting used to them could be more a reason not to switch. I still uses PS over GIMP unless it's a quick resize, anything more and it's PS. CAD + Linux programs.

For the drives, depends on if they are NTFS or another files system. I have both my internals and my extrenal mounted and recognized, my Windows and external are both NTFS too, I had to add read only support, and if I felt like messing with it, I could use Captiva and have read/write for NTFS. It autodectected my thumb/CD/DVD only probelm I really had was my camera, but that's becasue I set it to autodect the wrong mode :(

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 30 2005, 05:36 AM-->
@Jun 30 2005, 04:56 AM

[post=518410]Quoted post[/post]​

Right click on desktop > create new > link to application

I'll have to try that

As far as the AutoCad there's a few replacment, though spending time getting used to them could be more a reason not to switch. I still uses PS over GIMP unless it's a quick resize, anything more and it's PS. CAD + Linux programs.

For the drives, depends on if they are NTFS or another files system. I have both my internals and my extrenal mounted and recognized, my Windows and external are both NTFS too, I had to add read only support, and if I felt like messing with it, I could use Captiva and have read/write for NTFS. It autodectected my thumb/CD/DVD only probelm I really had was my camera, but that's becasue I set it to autodect the wrong mode :(

well I wanted to use a partition type native to linux so I have full read write to the drive vs using ntfs.

[post=518494]Quoted post[/post]​

The only other gripe I have is networking with windows systems I tried fedora core 4 w/ samba server running. everything work, I could see each computer on the network browse files , copy a file from a windows machine to the linux box.
I could copy a file from the linux machine back to the windows box. but when I tried to play an mp3 stored on the linux box via winamp on the winows machine no dice.

Back