Blinkers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok heres the thing, my blinkers work fine but the right blinker blinks twice as fast as the left one. and the hazards are normal speed. why is this?

My dad had the same problem with his 86 accord. Do not really know any solutions except to buy one of those things ricers use alot to speed up or slow down there blinker.

One of your bulbs is out (most likely) or your flasher module is fried (less likely). Check all your signals to make sure the bulbs are good, and if those are all working, try replacing your flasher module. It's located in the in-car fuse box below your steering column... and costs about $10 at Auto Zone.

i had the same problem a month ago and it was a burnt out bulb. it was like a 2 or 3 dollar fix from kragen.

how do i know where the flashing module is under there? does it say flashing module on it?

the flasher is on the fuse pannel under the steering wheel. The fuse pannels has a list of everything on the fuse board.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 2 2003, 05:20 PM
the flasher is on the fuse pannel under the steering wheel. The fuse pannels has a list of everything on the fuse board.

:)

It also looks like a little black plastic square shaped module, about 1 inch square...

ok guys i checked all my blinkers and what do ya know, the lower blinker in the front is out, calesta- u know ur shit :worthy: , i woulda never thought it was sumthin as simple as that. but im curious as to why it does that? is it the cars way of lettin you know that a bulb is out sumwhere? by the way, the bulb that was out was on the side with the 'psyco-blinker' as my friend likes to call it. thanks everyone.

ok i replaced all bulbs that were out and ive quadruple checked all the bulbs to make sure every one was working. and that side still blinks twice as fast. what the hell is the problem. and how could it be my flasher module either, if its fried wouldnt all the lights not flash? someone help, in desperate need.

also when i went to advanced auto they gave me a bulb that fit but wasnt the exact bulb as the original. could this cause it to mess up too? someone help please.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Jan 3 2003, 08:13 PM
also when i went to advanced auto they gave me a bulb that fit but wasnt the exact bulb as the original. could this cause it to mess up too? someone help please.

this could definatly cause it ...
also the fried blinker module could make your lights do anything it feels like ... its the God of your blinkers ... a fucked up one can cause them to blink fast, slow, not at all, sometimes, in morse code signaling to other blinker modules that the time has come for them to take over the world, etc.... :) faulty blinker modules could be the end of us all... so get the right bulbs then if that doesnt fix it get the module replaced :)

thanks E SolSi, it was that bulb, i switched the bulbs and the other side started doin it now. im goin back to advanced auto tomorrow to get the right bulb. thanks again.

Back